Random Thought Of The Day

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven't posted in here in a while. This is less random than thought-out, but this is as good a place as any to bring it up.

It's really easy to feel like the world is kicking our ass, and get really down over it all. 2017 was a *b-word, I won't lie. Sitting here looking back, it's so easy to see how much stronger my family grew because of those challenges.

Dealing with Liam's issues was absolutely scary. But here he is, sitting by me on the couch. He's playing by himself. Two teeth. Six words in his vocabulary. He's amazing and happy and strong.
View attachment 104611
Alot of good came out of 2017 too. I picked up this new hobby(chainsaws) which has grown into a small business. We're filing LLC soon, my son and I. He's talking about becoming an arborist. :). Here's Austen on a job with me...
View attachment 104612

Anywho, that was a long-winded thought but something that's been on my mind for a couple days.

There's a quote from a song of a band I love dearly... 'Once in a while you get shown the light. In the strangest of places if you look at it right.' Seems like you've seen some of that strange light in the past year! Glad the little one is doing well and things sound like they're moving in an all around positive direction. Really can't wait for it to warm up a little and meet up for a rec climb and get you testing out all your new gear!

BrokenSVT

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There's a quote from a song of a band I love dearly... 'Once in a while you get shown the light. In the strangest of places if you look at it right.' Seems like you've seen some of that strange light in the past year! Glad the little one is doing well and things sound like they're moving in an all around positive direction. Really can't wait for it to warm up a little and meet up for a rec climb and get you testing out all your new gear!

Ahh, some Grateful Dead. Good stuff. I love me some classic rock as well.

Yeh Rob, this year has been some kind of epiphany for me, for sure. I was just speaking to an employee last night about some of the strange things that you find when you're looking for nothing in particular. Alot of the last year just kinda came flooding back as we spoke.

I'm really looking forward to hanging from some ropes with you as well, brother. I'm working to shed some "ballast" in preparation right now lol...

treesmith

Tree Hugger/Cutterer
Local time
1:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I used to really like Harley-Davidson.

Grew up with a dad that was a biker.

I try to avoid that lifestyle now though........
Yeah, you should get a Jap superbike instead

Good field bikes for cattle too
Be sure to post a video, please :)

Stihlsmoking

City Hillbilly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My mom and stepdad watched the kids one day. I came home to about the same, and it took an entire day to cool the house back down...
That reminds me when I lived in PA I had a rice coal stove, pretty nice one had a thermostat and all kinds of controls. When I installed it I didn't attach the temp sensor good. And one night it fell woke up was over a 100 degrees.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why is it the guy on his Sunday drive has to be out (a few days late) when I'm needing to boogie on to the next destination. :cool: