00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That back seat looks comfy.

It is, until you realise there's no seat belt.

ETA, been busy lately looking after the family. My wife and her mother haven't been well, so been looking after them. I re-injured my shoulder and back recently as well(my rotator cuff was damage badly not long ago, and I've herniated discs in my back on occasion working the farm). I'm really a wreck. So not many pics or vids. I do intend to return to the estate shortly, but I dunno how long I can stay. It's mostly to meet up with the owner and sort out of managerial things, and see a few friends. Still, I'll try for some vids soon as I can.

Brett, I saw you responded to one of OutInTheWoods/ AKA Dave Keiths videos. He was cutting nearly in my back yard! So you got an idea where I live much of the year.

Last edited:

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
3:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
3/8" .058" 80DL - yeah right.
P1060577.JPG

Chain immediately looked odd to me with those low teeth.
It is a .325" .058" 90DL!
At least they got the gauge right, LOL.
Oddly the chain actually matches the intended hardnose bar in length.

Someone more clueless than me would most likely have tried running this loop on a 3/8" sprocket.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

ETA, been busy lately looking after the family. My wife and her mother haven't been well, so been looking after them. I re-injured my shoulder and back recently as well(my rotator cuff was damage badly not long ago, and I've herniated discs in my back on occasion working the farm). I'm really a wreck. So not many pics or vids. I do intend to return to the estate shortly, but I dunno how long I can stay. It's mostly to meet up with the owner and sort out of managerial things, and see a few friends. Still, I'll try for some vids soon as I can.

Brett, I saw you responded to one of OutInTheWoods/ AKA Dave Keiths videos. He was cutting nearly in my back yard! So you got an idea where I live much of the year.

small world Wes didn’t realise he was near you I keep him supplied with stuff
Top guy is Dave

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
169565397.NGNA5tZK.IMG_1807.jpg
small world Wes didn’t realise he was near you I keep him supplied with stuff
Top guy is Dave
He helped me get set up for my logging job in England a while back. I brought him his first stihl light bar about eight years ago or so.
Here's the hounds walking Glencree

Last edited:

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Sorry to here all that.
Hope you get all healed up buddy.

I subbed to Dave's channel quite a while ago, good stuff.
Didn't even think about it being in your back yard lol.
Speaking of falling, dropped a couple myself today.
Nice big maple(lead on the bottom is about 28", top about 24") I had already dropped a hard leaning 20"+ lead off it bit ago. Also a nice pine for you guys who cut all the softwoods lol. Had the tractors skidding winch cable in the lead that is on top as I wasn't sure how much inclusion there was. Dropped these two leads together and it worked like a charm with the slightest tension on the cable, probably didn't need it, but with the house and the pool(just the other side of the tree) I didn't want to take a chance.
Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 9.30.44 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 9.32.09 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 9.29.51 PM.png

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 219570

He helped me get set up for my logging job in England a while back. I brought him his first stihl light bar about eight years ago or so.
Here's the hounds walking Glencree
ireland_2019
Looks like a couple of your pictures aren't working, I can see the first one only.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry to here all that.
Hope you get all healed up buddy.

I subbed to Dave's channel quite a while ago, good stuff.
Didn't even think about it being in your back yard lol.
Speaking of falling, dropped a couple myself today.
Nice big maple(lead on the bottom is about 28", top about 24") I had already dropped a hard leaning 20"+ lead off it bit ago. Also a nice pine for you guys who cut all the softwoods lol. Had the tractors skidding winch cable in the lead that is on top as I wasn't sure how much inclusion there was. Dropped these two leads together and it worked like a charm with the slightest tension on the cable, probably didn't need it, but with the house and the pool(just the other side of the tree) I didn't want to take a chance.
View attachment 219567 View attachment 219568 View attachment 219569

It's much nicer putting the wire rope in the tree before you start cutting than after you have it hung up in another tree!

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's much nicer putting the wire rope in the tree before you start cutting than after you have it hung up in another tree!
It sure can be.
Depending on the situation I've been know to dump them into another tree and work them down from the bottom, one must have many tricks in the tool pouch lol.
This one there wasn't another tree to hang it in, but a pool and the house, if she would have separated it would not have been good.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like a couple of your pictures aren't working, I can see the first one only.

A few more pics from the KnockCree and GlenCree areas(they are side by side). The first image has the Sugar Loaf peak on the left. We live just on the other side. The images make it look like a huge expanse, but the peak is only about 1800ft - the 404th or so highest peak in Ireland. By comparison, I was once working in White Salmon, Washington at 3200 feet, and I was looking up at Mount Adams - over 12,000 feet altitude(the last pic here). Our highest peaks in Ireland are about 3200 feet.

169559304.FXDsdmIm.IMG_1793.jpg
169559305.KLhlG23E.IMG_1757.jpg
169565396.sToRmq6y.IMG_1816.jpg
169565398.3xZ3TJeL.IMG_1803.jpg
169565399.cPYK6CLi.IMG_1802.jpg
169565400.VtEDbUw4.IMG_1801.jpg
145798455.dgz5fEhk.103_0202.JPG