Random pics (that you took) thread...

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That VW has an EVO, which is an in house motor. Yer thinking bout the V-Rod, which is made by Porsche.
Liquid cooled and loads of torque. The new Milwaukee 8 is nearly as strong and they were able to keep it oil cooled and more lopey.
I dunno if I like it, tho. Hell, I preferred the feel of the EVO over my own Twin Cam.

Here's a super cool toy:

I thought vw had done the engineering on the evo, they didn’t build it, but did the design.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought vw had done the engineering on the evo, they didn’t build it, but did the design.

Nope...it was an 'evolution' of previous single cams, and not hugely different. The Twin Cam that replaced it was designed from the ground up. But that was also an HD design. HD went with Porsche to help them design the V-ROD engine...for some reason. SHrug.

WOO!!!!! Astros goin to the WOrld series!!!!!!

Sry. :)

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
BTW the AMF years were horrific. They actually had a halfway decent design, but the quality control and parts control was as bad as could be. AMF can make bowling pins. That's about it. WHen they tried to squeeze every ounce of profit, and started laying off seasoned engineers and workers, they doomed themselves. As many as half the bikes they made at the factory had to be redone by the dealers to make them right.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Here's the VROD story - Engine story at 16:20:

This is all coming off the end of Terminator 2 Judgement Day, really. That show came out in 91 or 92, and basically shot the demand for Harleys sky high. I remember considering an HD at the time, but there were none available! SO in the mid to late 90's, HD was stuffed full of revenue to start new dept's and design.

Last edited:

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some pics from this weekend's scout camp trip at Montgomery Bell State Park here in Tennessee
3a6e5aeeab604924f1a16fbef62a7eba.jpg
fc042df22f557321415880dc03498cfd.jpg
390b9f66c9083afa885aba32283b30d9.jpg
5b3801ad5cde18b6cdb78a6664e86e53.jpg
c1f8dfa49217140c37e40663a2cee2eb.jpg
ef99deb5f7dd8af616bdf7e0a7325888.jpg
84f45772cc610aa03d52fdf4fd5d3c4a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am all for electric vehicles and development! I think it’s really cool! I just don’t want them to take away my gas stuff! For most Current driving needs a small electric pickup truck even with 150 mile range would work fine, they don’t have everything figured out yet, but with all the money being poured into it it shouldn’t take long for some of these things to happen, a 400 mile range and charging in under 15 minutes is what it’s gonna take to make it main stream, once that happens the argument for gas will be virtually eliminated, And they have to keep the cost down! LOL oh yeah and don’t take my hot rod!

The costs will eventually bottom out. The one guy who did mods said they went from some 4,000 drive train parts to less than 100. I mean, he does a complete swap out for 30K with a tiny shop and a couple of buds. So, there's savings to be had by the big guys. And if your car is just for commuting instead of being sporty, you can forgo the drive train and simply put a couple of motors at the wheels. How about that - yer tiny little yota EV commuter now has 200 ft lbs of torque per wheel and a traction controlled limited slip rear end built in.

The infrastructure will be OK, I think, mebbe. Most EV's will be slow-charged during the night eventually. It could have the effect of leveling out the demand at those times, so less ramping up and ramping down the network, and should improve demand and efficiency of solar paneled homes.

The new EV VW Golf has a range of over 200km. That's more than enough for commuting. Right now the E-Golf is €42K though...cough. But it is quick and has a lot of the little tid bits the Tesla's have at half the price. And many European countries have tax incentives, and little things like allowing you to go through tolls for free and use bus lanes etc. So yeah, it's getting cheaper. In Ireland I think for now you don't pay VAT, so it's closer to 35K for it, and 0% interest financing.

Eventually when nearly all cars are EV's, they will spend nearly all of their time self driving. Accidents will happen less often....hopefully, er... but the main added benefit is more predictability with traffic flows and more efficient commutes, further lessening the amount of energy we use and time we spend on the road.

Hrm... must be sumfin wrong with me. I see that woman's nose and it makes me want her more.