Country flag

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It will house planks I've CSM'd, but no firewood. Mainly tractors, splitter, tiller, snow blower etc.
View attachment 203203
Sweet.
I finished the other side of my woodshed, the boards I used were covered in crap since it's been real wet here and I moved them outside. I was pretty bummed because they looked great the whole time I had them under the shed, that's what happens when you don't finish the project you started right away :(.
Look forward to seeing it filled :).

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Beautiful lot!
I think it's a combination of never sharpening it and not keeping it out of the dirt. Remember those were "good" teeth.
Good teeth, dang I forgot that! It hurts to hear a dull chain! Glad you showed him the way! Lol thanks have had the lot for a while, I really want to do something with it. I am in a good spot with my current house, and would like to build a place I could use for transition, and something I could use if I sell and build again, or could rent if needed

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No snakes here ;)
At the last place saw a 4' timber rattler, moccasin in the creek. Here there was a 6' black snake, know the length from the shed skin. A couple weeks ago a fat copper head, less than 2', slithered under the shed door to get away from me. Nice too have around to feed on the rodennts.
Coloration on that timber ratler gorgeous. Nice to look at but not very close.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good teeth, dang I forgot that! It hurts to hear a dull chain! Glad you showed him the way! Lol thanks have had the lot for a while, I really want to do something with it. I am in a good spot with my current house, and would like to build a place I could use for transition, and something I could use if I sell and build again, or could rent if needed
It was painful, I could have went to the house and got an extension cord and the sawsall and done more in less time than he was doing, it was real bad!
Well I'll work on getting a husky in his hands now lol. It will be hard the way his stihl is cutting now, he's gonna feel like he got a brand new saw. Cutting black locust that chain will only last another couple tanks before needing touched up, I'm hoping to sell him on buying some files with the cash I saved him on sharpening it and that he would save on the next sharpening, we'll see I may just need to charge him the next time as I don't want to enable :D.
Property is a great investment if done right. Hope you can get a nice place built there, sure things aren't getting any cheaper up your way, I know they aren't here. I've been waiting for the economy to crash to build my pole barn, I'm getting tired of waiting, but I'm cheaper than I am patient:risas3:.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got another load of wood home. Filled the truck too. Was hopin to get the rest on this load but have to go back again. Big trees are too much work lol.
ad0e8a288ac876b8b102e6cacae7e67f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been lookin around for an OEM 044 10mm piston. I mostly get laughs.
I might do an episan or a meteor. I know someone that did an Episan on a 10mm and liked the results.
I am assuming I can clean the jug up enough to run a bit more. It will get new rubber. It's not apart yet...I spent most of the day rebuilding a 281xp. No spark...

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That sucks :eek:.
Did you diagnose it yet.

It's loads of carbon. Feels even plasticky when you run your finger on it - like delron. I would guess some carbon broke off or saw dust maybe got thru?
I left it on the estate, and sharpening saws is not their strong point. It had fine dust all over it, and plenty of sludge. She won't be left again.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I went outside a bit earlier and realized the kid next door finished cutting the trail thru. I'm not exactly sure what size he's cutting things to, but they are either real short or real long, maybe he thinks I won't take them if he cuts them a different length than he sees mine are lol. Bummer is I wanted the locust, to bad I didn't get it finished before he got after it, the locust was dead standing and I'd burn it this yr. It's okay as there's lots more and I'm not hurting for wood :biggrin:.
I noticed he seems to be keeping the chain out of the dirt :applaudit:. I'm curious what he's gonna say about his chain.
Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 1.08.33 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 1.08.09 PM.png

Last edited:

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's loads of carbon. Feels even plasticky when you run your finger on it - like delron. I would guess some carbon broke off or saw dust maybe got thru?
I left it on the estate, and sharpening saws is not their strong point. It had fine dust all over it, and plenty of sludge. She won't be left again.
What oil you running and what ratio?

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What oil you running and what ratio?

I run Castrol Racing t2 at 40:1 the last few years. The other side of the cylinder looks gorgeous viewed from the exhaust port.
But I left this saw on the estate, where's there's a few other users, which didn't help.
The chain was dull, she was covered in dust and gunk, and the air filter was clogged full.
I am guessing dust or air leak. Or even both.

The intake side of the cylinder looks good form what I can see, and she is smooth to pull over. SO I doubt it's an oil issue. My guess is carbon build up or heat. Mebbe they ran it next to a tree and just let it cook. I dunno. Once I have the piston out I'll have a good idea.

Now if I can just find a piston I can afford... The one OEM I found here so far wanted $90.

Last edited:

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
BTW, I run Castrol racing 2T mostly because it cost up to half what Stihl do and is readily available at most shops here. It's popular in the off road crowd.
Also, the STihl stuff just makes me choke. This burns super clean even at 40:1.
After running it for years in a ported 281XP , ms361, and ported 241 with great results, I am impressed with it.
The folks on the estate I occasionally work use the red Stihl stuff and lord knows how well they mix it. The Echo 361 they have looks super dark on the exhaust side of things. I had a talk with them.