Random pics (that you took) thread...

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really didn’t want to have exposed hood pins, but I may have too. I am trying to come up with some under mount ones that I can cable actuate
I'm the same way, as incognito as possible :cool:.
And no matter what I did I wouldn't be buying any of that chini stuff :eek:, I was purely joking, just to be clear :).

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We were on a smaller inner bay off lake erie Rondeau bay.
We will be ready for next time lol.
Think we got the one main leak fixed and were gonna try to tighten up somemof the rivets tomorrow.
a86d81798d4a674dcac672b0060302f3.jpg
63c877e7a498698a9f2065288778344a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
That looks like a great little spot.
I'd still want something a bit bigger out there.
What all do you typically get in the bay.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fugg me...
335/25ZR20 rear Corvette tires..
Of course I get them..

View attachment 195810 View attachment 195811
I used to deliver emergency one or two pallet loads to the GM plants, these were hot loads that would shut down the line, the next way the parts got there was via helicopter. I've gone to the Bowling Green plant quite a few times, the third time going there I got "distracted" when I saw a pile of tires and started walking the plant(big no no!). The security guy came and he didn't look to pleased with me, he asked me aren't you the guy I kicked out a couple times before, yes :oops:. He said come with me, is he kicking me out of the plant, if you get kicked out they won't let you deliver to any of them, not good. Ends up he's a car buff(imagine that at the corvette plant lol) and he gave me a tour of the whole plant :b1:. Then he said I won't have any problems with you going into unauthorized areas of the plant again will I, no sir :D.
The first thought that comes to mind when I see a stack of wide tires is that experience, it was a good one.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
9:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I assume it uses the conventional center latch and steel striker mounted to the hood?

Would there be room to mount strikers on each front corner? Go 2 latches to a single release cable.

Thats how the Vettes are, but they open backwards too.

The real jeep cherokees had two latches like that. Had the latches on the hood and the pins on the core support. Normal rear hinge hood.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's something interesting. I was considering doing some Brenizer Stitches the other day. This usually means taking 40-50+ images and stitching them all together. It takes for freakin ever even though it is automated in most high end editing software. But what it allows is super high res and depth to images, more contrast, all the good things. Aywho, as a test I did a basic pano stitch on 5 images with slightly different perspectives to see how my puter handled it. Although it is called a pano in the program, it's actually a bren stitch because it takes a lot of different perspectives(not just a pan on a tripod) and blends them in. If I used one lens for this image, it would have had to be about a 120* - a 10mm lens, and I would have had to crop it in half for this perspective. My widest lens is 24mm. If you are careful with your exposure and focal distance, ya get stuff like this image here(this is about a 70% crop on the original blended image). Looks like a typical pano, but has much higher res and contrast, much deeper focus, and can be as wide as you want to make it. With only 5 images to work with, I was impressed:

169663011.0KASYJln.IMG_2506Pano.jpg

In this image, unlike the non pano ones, you can easily see the clouds reflected in the glass on the second floor balcony in the middle there when you zoom in.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's something interesting. I was considering doing some Brenizer Stitches the other day. This usually means taking 40-50+ images and stitching them all together. It takes for freakin ever even though it is automated in most high end editing software. But what it allows is super high res and depth to images, more contrast, all the good things. Aywho, as a test I did a basic pano stitch on 5 images with slightly different perspectives to see how my puter handled it. Although it is called a pano in the program, it's actually a bren stitch because it takes a lot of different perspectives(not just a pan on a tripod) and blends them in. If I used one lens for this image, it would have had to be about a 120* - a 10mm lens, and I would have had to crop it in half for this perspective. My widest lens is 24mm. If you are careful with your exposure and focal distance, ya get stuff like this image here(this is about a 70% crop on the original blended image). Looks like a typical pano, but has much higher res and contrast, much deeper focus, and can be as wide as you want to make it. With only 5 images to work with, I was impressed:

169663011.0KASYJln.IMG_2506Pano.jpg

Thats a nice evening right there!

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That looks like a great little spot.
I'd still want something a bit bigger out there.
What all do you typically get in the bay.
Ya its still a small boat lol. Lots of bluegill.
Perch sunfish good bass and pike fishing. And in spring it really good for crappie.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I assume it uses the conventional center latch and steel striker mounted to the hood?

Would there be room to mount strikers on each front corner? Go 2 latches to a single release cable.

Thats how the Vettes are, but they open backwards too.
Yes it’s a conventional steel center latch, there is lots of room to mount something. I just looked up the 05-13 hood latch’s that might work out! Thanks for the heads up, I like using oem stuff so it’s hopefully reliable, may have to order some up!

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It wasn't the day for it due to the wind and rain, but I decided to show folks the difference between before and after cropping on these Brenizer images. This is about 20 images blended together, and then reduced to 50% HxW(1/4 the original size) so I could upload it!:

169663639.4p5dXhJ6.IMG_2568Pano_fifty_percent.jpg
169663640.WJsnN6Sx.IMG_2568Pano2_fifty_percent.jpg

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes it’s a conventional steel center latch, there is lots of room to mount something. I just looked up the 05-13 hood latch’s that might work out! Thanks for the heads up, I like using oem stuff so it’s hopefully reliable, may have to order some up!

Yup Dual latches on each front corner would get that hood nice and secure. Then you can really rod on it without the worry!

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The hungry fox wants the squirrel :risas3:
That's pretty cool you captured that.
Do you guys kill them fox or where you trying to catch something else.
I won't tell you all of what some of the guys do who want to kill the coyotes, it involves bacon and treble hooks :eek:, but no-one complains as long as the count goes down, but then again not many know of these practices :cool:.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's pretty cool you captured that.
Do you guys kill them fox or where you trying to catch something else.
I won't tell you all of what some of the guys do who want to kill the coyotes, it involves bacon and treble hooks :eek:, but no-one complains as long as the count goes down, but then again not many know of these practices :cool:.
I have heard of the trebble hook way. Little cruel but them bas terds can do a lot of damage.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have heard of the trebble hook way. Little cruel but them bas terds can do a lot of damage.

Yes it is, but they do, so...
I was down in NW Indiana buying a Honda foreman 450, I heard a bunch of young yotes, the guy says yeah we have some wild dogs out there, I said they are kinda dogs, he had no idea o_O.
I'm kinda surprised I've never had any at my place, I'd hate to waste any bacon on them, probably have to get a nice scope for the 223.
Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 10.22.10 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 10.22.42 AM.png

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Figured out why a cooling fan was not working... looks like it didn’t get greased , and the bearing turned into a lathe and turned down the shaft down till it cut it in two. Our pm system is awesome!View attachment 195410 View attachment 195411 View attachment 195412
That fan is obviously coded as "run to maintenance". :D

Wild looking sky

3c84fdca6fe4541b76f88bd46fa9b820.jpg
Looks like the same tower we have at work. If you look closely there is a small platform about 2/3 to 3/4 the way up the outside. At that point the ladder turns around and you finish climbing with your back facing the tower. Ours is like 580ft tall. No I've never climbed it but I would if given the opportunity. I have been inside it but not during operations, its wet. :)

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another storm rolled through today. Down poured for 20 mins and is nice an sunny now
a9ac613fc623207e1a307b032b3ba1f3.jpg
e71f7b83f686395543aa86c02d99bd4c.jpg
73a5423a7a8c410dc1414cf217f33808.jpg

If that's inches, which it looks to be; thats a lot of rain in 20min, unless those are metric minutes:risas3:.
Last Saturday we got 1.75" in just under an HR, quite a bit of erosion around the house.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If that's inches, which it looks to be; thats a lot of rain in 20min, unless those are metric minutes:risas3:.
Last Saturday we got 1.75" in just under an HR, quite a bit of erosion around the house.
Ya thats in inchs. And yes 20 minuts. I was standing at the window whennit started and you could just watch the yard start filling with water in the low spots. It was pretty crazy how hard it was raining. It sure did wake up my sump pump.

ChipsFlyin

OPE Platinum Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The carbon fiber hood flexes a fair amount at speed, I don’t want to push my luck! It lifts a 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch on both sides, it need pins! But I don’t like the look! Lol
I just picked these up at a yard sale for 5 bucks. I'll send ya one! Grab each wheel well, up over the top and cranker down . Good to go!:D
KIMG2116.JPG