GoldMember
Local time
7:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How do you do that?

My buddy has an Cadillac lol.

Google it! Its alot simpler that way. You have to put it in accessory or on and then go to the settings menu in the radio. Then select drivers message i think? You have to select each charater with the knob so it takes a while. Not a 30 second ordeal!

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
8:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Its because you have no freon in the system.
If you could read the data, I bet the pressure sensor is at or close to zero.
Have rear air?
I bet you have a leak.
I will test the rear cabin A/C and report back I'm a min. I have a friend that works at a GM dealer I'll ask if he can bringnjome a scanner to read the AC tonight. Maybe he can't bring something like that home idk...

Does the compressor have a rubber ring on the front of the clutch? Does it look like its shreadded or melted? If it is the compressor is locked up. Do you see any oil leakage on the condensor? I see them leak on the upper drivers corner.
I will check. AC worked fine last summer and I've owned it for going on 3 years. Where is the condenser located exactly, inside or outside the cabin?

Would it be worth disconnecting and jumpering the pressure switch to see if the pump kicks on?

Is the rear AC a separate system?

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will test the rear cabin A/C and report back I'm a min. I have a friend that works at a GM dealer I'll ask if he can bringnjome a scanner to read the AC tonight. Maybe he can't bring something like that home idk...

I will check. AC worked fine last summer and I've owned it for going on 3 years. Where is the condenser located exactly, inside or outside the cabin?

Would it be worth disconnecting and jumpering the pressure switch to see if the pump kicks on?

Is the rear AC a separate system?

Condensor is infront of the radiator. That car uses sensors. Jumping things wont help.

Rear ac is the same system. Uses one compressor and condensor. Two evaporators. On front and one rear.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The rear AC won't work. Only way to turn on the AC in the whole vehicle is from the front panel. I activated the rear and tried to turn it on and got 3 blinks and wouldnt turn on.

The front of the compressor looks fine. I'm able to move the compressor freely by hand buly just grabbing the front of the hub.
20190619_144021.jpg

Probably low pressure. Maybe I should go buy a can and try to recharge it.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was suggesting jumper the pressure switch (connect the two wires) so the system believes pressure is good and try to turn it on. If it turns on then I knownits a system pressure issue, either the switch itself or low system pressure. It just validates it's the right rock.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have yet to replace the ac control for that issue.
The reason I asked about rear air is the lines are the most common leak on them.
Rear lines and condensers are most common.

If you jump the pressure sensor, it still wont turn on. It will inhibit it because the pressure will be too "high" according to the sensor.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I only show a sensor. Not a switch. If you unplug it it will go to the lowest pressure reading. If you jump it it will go to the highest reading. Neither of those conditions will allow compressor command.

Your best bet is to put a can of refigerant in it and see if it turns on. My bet is you have a leak.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have yet to replace the ac control for that issue.
The reason I asked about rear air is the lines are the most common leak on them.
Rear lines and condensers are most common.

If you jump the pressure sensor, it still wont turn on. It will inhibit it because the pressure will be too "high" according to the sensor.

Oops! Looks like we hit go at the same time!

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Perfect, just the info I wanted about the switch vs sensor. Makes sense. Off to go get a can of charge. Is there a pressure gauge on the charge and if so, what pressure should I be charging it to?

Depending on temp and a few other variables, I typically see static pressures from 50 to 100psi.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Oh, I just read the I structuond and see what you're saying. It also says to add when the clutch kicks on and compressor runs. Idk how I'm going to do that since it wont turn on. Maybe try adding it and see if it will take it and pressurize the system and get it to turn on...

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh, I just read the I structuond and see what you're saying. It also says to add when the clutch kicks on and compressor runs. Idk how I'm going to do that since it wont turn on. Maybe try adding it and see if it will take it and pressurize the system and get it to turn on...

Yep. Put it on the low side fitting and give er hell. Then start the truck and see if the ac will turn on. With you having a dual unit i wouldnt worry about over charging it with a 16 oz can.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Fixed! :D
Should have it looked at.
Yeah, fixed for now. I just watched my wife pull away and I thought for a second I could see a mist behind the vehicle. It's probably leaking from a rusted line to the rear. It might not be working when she gets back lol. If it is I'll take a look under the back to check for a leak. Cant wait for that repair bill.