Random pics (that you took) thread...

mels

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dusting off some old gear in prep for an upcoming camping trip in Speculator NY with a good group of Shovelhead friends, pulled this old girl out of the pile:

IMG_1413.JPG

1950 Coleman model 228D with a later globe that I swapped in (just in case...)

Here is the correct globe, and the one that as far as I know is original to the lantern:

IMG_1435.JPG

So as a 1950 model year, this Lady is 67 years old and although her fount is a bit tarnished and she's old enough to retire, she don't show any signs of stopping.

Anyway, there's the random pic that I took for today ;)

Big1066ih

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dusting off some old gear in prep for an upcoming camping trip in Speculator NY with a good group of Shovelhead friends, pulled this old girl out of the pile:

View attachment 84257

1950 Coleman model 228D with a later globe that I swapped in (just in case...)

Here is the correct globe, and the one that as far as I know is original to the lantern:

View attachment 84258

So as a 1950 model year, this Lady is 67 years old and although her fount is a bit tarnished and she's old enough to retire, she don't show any signs of stopping.

Anyway, there's the random pic that I took for today ;)
Speculator's little over half hour north of me.

mels

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Speculator's little over half hour north of me.

No kidding! Beautiful area around there.

We'll be at the Moffitt beach campground on the lake, don't go every year as everyone else does but try to go now and again.

Our firewood connection for camp can't help us this year, will need to find someone else but trouble is most sellers up there really put the screws to the campers.

Well, so this post is legit in the thread, here's my pic for today. Wifey is up on the Cape visiting the daughters so I'm fending for myself. A little fried chicken from the grocery...

What was it that Crockodile Dundee said? It tastes like siht, but you can live off it? I don't know, something like that anyway.

Small plate to fool me into thinking I'm eating healthy, lol

IMG_1441.JPG