Raffle 262 builds

ranchdadmike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
210-220 is a nice balance in a 60cc Saw.

I just recently started checking all my saws out of curiosity. Previously I checked them only if there was a problem, or if I put them up for sale. Interesting to see the variations and reasons why...especially stock.

ranchdadmike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some of the later Mahle cylinder had decomps, earlier Mahle had the boss bit we're not drilled and tapped, to my knowledge the Earliest of them all the KS never had a decomp, but I could be wrong, just what I have seen personally.

I have two mahle neither with a decomp or the boss for one

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did someone say "raffle 262"?

rps20180505_141708_760.jpg

There's plenty of compression in this one! My saw arrived on Thursday. Despite Dan's specific warning not to flood it, I did exactly that. I can tell you it's got lots of compression because I then proceeded to break the starter rope trying to unflood it. I'm new to using Huskies, so I'm still in that hazing period where they give me funny little problems when I go to use them :).
If
Anyway, I got that sorted out this morning and got it put in some wood. What a ripper! The load on the trailer is some oak and box elder that I've been dealing with since January. I got side tracked during syrup season, so this load has been on my trailer for a month and a half probably. Well, I need the trailer for another project now, and this 262 was just the excuse I needed to get back to it. It's a great little saw. Very light for the amount of snort it's packing. Great throttle response, awesome idle note, super smooth in the cut.

Thanks again Dan, and everyone else involved in the saw and the raffle. I'm stoked to get to own this sweet 262.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just recently started checking all my saws out of curiosity. Previously I checked them only if there was a problem, or if I put them up for sale. Interesting to see the variations and reasons why...especially stock.
The comp tester is the most variable of all.

The shraders tend to go bad, regardless of brand, after a while.

Time to swap the valve on the OMC I have, as every Saw I test now has 180psi.

I did a 262 that drove me insane with 165 psi. I couldn't believe it was so low. I got the new OMC and that same Saw pulled 238 psi.

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can you get a compression reading while you’re on hold for cutting equipment? :)

I would have that posted already if I had a working compression tester.

Both of the ones I have will not read more than 90 psi. A nearly brand new one and a used one.

I have yet to figure out what it is that needs to be replaced on them. Heard that new valves would fix them, and will be trying to remember to order some from the Snap-On dealer. Not sure if that will fix them, but I will try it before deciding to order a new gauge from Snap-On.

I know that 90 psi is a bogus reading because I tried them both out on one of my definite higher compression saws. Tried them on other saws that are normal compression and it read 90 psi as well.

ranchdadmike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The comp tester is the most variable of all.

The shraders tend to go bad, regardless of brand, after a while.

Time to swap the valve on the OMC I have, as every Saw I test now has 180psi.

I did a 262 that drove me insane with 165 psi. I couldn't believe it was so low. I got the new OMC and that same Saw pulled 238 psi.

I don’t even want to think about variability in a tester...makes my head hurt. It’d be nice to be able to calibrate them.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Where are the videos Ryan? Come on now. We all live vicariously through videos.

I'll be back out there in a little bit Jeff. I had to take a break and push my two year old around in her stroller. It's the only way she'll take a nap these days. I'll try to take a quick one for ya once I get back at it. I suppose I ought to touch up that chain first though. That stuff on the trailer is a little dirty.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol. OK. No worries I was just funnin ya. But we do like videos.
Definitely touch that chain up and cut some cookies. Lol
I am still intrigued by these 262s.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol. OK. No worries I was just funnin ya. But we do like videos.
Definitely touch that chain up and cut some cookies. Lol
I am still intrigued by these 262s.

They're a snappy saw Jeff. I'm going to get buried with my MOFO 262, already got it in my will. Nobodys going to enjoy it after I'm gone. I MIGHT even will Dustin my NOS covers for it....maybe!!! Lol

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They're a snappy saw Jeff. I'm going to get buried with my MOFO 262, already got it in my will. Nobodys going to enjoy it after I'm gone. I MIGHT even will Dustin my NOS covers for it....maybe!!! Lol
One might imagine you'd change your avatar. Lol...

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did someone say "raffle 262"?

View attachment 123423

There's plenty of compression in this one! My saw arrived on Thursday. Despite Dan's specific warning not to flood it, I did exactly that. I can tell you it's got lots of compression because I then proceeded to break the starter rope trying to unflood it. I'm new to using Huskies, so I'm still in that hazing period where they give me funny little problems when I go to use them :).
If
Anyway, I got that sorted out this morning and got it put in some wood. What a ripper! The load on the trailer is some oak and box elder that I've been dealing with since January. I got side tracked during syrup season, so this load has been on my trailer for a month and a half probably. Well, I need the trailer for another project now, and this 262 was just the excuse I needed to get back to it. It's a great little saw. Very light for the amount of snort it's packing. Great throttle response, awesome idle note, super smooth in the cut.

Thanks again Dan, and everyone else involved in the saw and the raffle. I'm stoked to get to own this sweet 262.

Yeah something about these saws, it’s easy to miss the pop on choke. Stock or ported. That sucks you broke the rope Ryan. Glad you got it sorted!

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Tom I might just dig you up for that cover.lol