Raffle 262 builds

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
6:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you Josh! I’ll keep it in mind if I need parts later, but I have a complete original KS 87 carb 262 I need to rebuild. [emoji41] Just need to find the time...
Nice! You done gots a good one:) Looking forward to hearing it run when you get it done.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe everyone following his thread can help me motivate you to get it on the bench;)

Just messing with ya...but seriously LOL!

Well my plan with mine is to do some serious testing with finding the most gains... but that takes time... so I haven’t started. You see how long it took me to do these 2 saws. Lol

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But I was going to build it stock first so I suppose I could do that and just leave it for a while [emoji41]
That's what I did with mine and I'm not unhappy at all. Other than doing a MM, I like to get a feel for a saw before I mod it. But, you already know how a ported 262 runs so I'm sure it would be a little tough to leave it alone.

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, had to hop on here to check for new videos of the 262's... both sound real nice.

Just had eye surgery (one eye so far) on Monday. Not supposed to read right now, but a little won't hurt.

I know I'll be happy with mine.

Dan, thanks again! Looking forward to getting this saw and using it once I've recovered. Might save the box to keep it packed in on the shelf when I am not using it.

But yes, we need to know what the compression numbers are first. :)

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
205 in my jonnys is all i want. Its still aweful hard on starter parts. Ive split 2 pullys and broke 1 recoil cover till i figured some tricks to keep em alive. Did 262s ever have decomps? Sure wish jonnys did as i love how they run at 200 just hate fixing the damage it does. Nice builds Dan #helofaguy

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Some of the later Mahle cylinder had decomps, earlier Mahle had the boss bit we're not drilled and tapped, to my knowledge the Earliest of them all the KS never had a decomp, but I could be wrong, just what I have seen personally.