High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Quick rebuild question.

jduv10007

OPE Member
Local time
12:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Rebuilding my 038 magnum ii and I am getting ready to start. Pressed in the seals and installed the bearings. I am getting ready to put the two halves together and have a new crank case gasket. Is there anything that I put on the gasket. A gasket sealer, lube or anything?

jduv10007

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I always use motoseal on both sides. Some would disagree but I call it insurance.

Thank you. I have some permatex gasket maker ultra black or gear oil. Which one would you guys suggest I use. Those are my options.

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
3:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It will be exposed to fuel so it needs to be fuel resistant. Not sure ultra black is and know nothing of gear oil as gasket sealer. Spend couple bucks and get you a tube of motoseal or yamabond or other fuel resistant gasket sealer. You’ll be glad you did. But on the other hand, if it doesn’t leak you won’t realize it. But if you don’t spring for the correct sealer and it does leak you’ll be kicking yourself. Go forth and conquer

jduv10007

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Oh I agree. I put it on the bar oil location only. I called around for crank case type sealant and it wasn’t available. I live on an island in Alaska. I wish I would have thought about it when I ordered all the parts but hey. If it does leak I will have a lot of experience. Hahahaha. Thanks all.

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
3:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can order it on ebay for decent price with delivery. Don’t know bout your pistal service but took less than a week to get to me. Your choice eh?

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
8:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just rebuilt a 200t, now these case half’s go together easy, it’s cos the type of bearings.
Now if I was building a bigger saw it would have been different.

I got a farmtec gasket with some other stuff, and that was garbage right out the box,

So the only option was to make a gasket out of some gasket paper. I never used any sealer. Everything was fine in the p&v test...btw. I did clean the case half’s of all previous gasket, it was spotless.

But yes using some sealer is insurance and worth it.

jduv10007

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I am not the most organized person. I try but I have the entire thing put back together. But I am missing two screws. A standard plastic housing screw and the screw that holds the chain adjustment plate on. Small flat head. I will search tomorrow and then fill it up and then fire it up. Very excited. Hope all my problems are resolved. That was a fun project though.

jduv10007

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Can order it on ebay for decent price with delivery. Don’t know bout your pistal service but took less than a week to get to me. Your choice eh?

I am to impatient to wait. Plus I really wanted to use the saw on next week camping trip with the family. But being impatient just means twice the work if it doesn’t fix it. Do it right the first time. All good things to say and do. But then there is it should be fine. Thanks for all the help guys. I really appreciate it.