questions regarding xpw

lineworker81

Active OPE Member
Local time
10:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I realize for example the 390xp and 390xpw are the same saws internally. My question is does the serial number plate say 390xp or xpw? My 372xpw saws xpw which i realize it is differant internally as it is 75cc. Also did the decal on the starter say xpw? What about the 395 is it the same way?

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It will say XP or XPW on the serial tag. The decal on the started also said XPW. Not all 372XPWs were 75cc. The decal on the top cover will say what the displacement is.

The “XP” is husqvarna’s marketing for their pro line. I think it means Extra Power. They also amend a suffix of “G” for generator, which provides power for heated handles. (This letter designation was created before all the modern auto-tune saws which come with a generator anyway which powers the carb-computer.)

They also append a “W” designation for “wrap” handle. Some (in the US) also think of it as “west coast”, since in addition to the wrap handle they also come with bigger dogs, which are suitable for the thick shag bark of the PNW. The wrap handle allows you to use the saw for felling and dogging in on either side of the tree, which may be necessary since you don’t always have the same options on steep ground.

Getting back to your question, the 390 number plate might show 390xp or 390xpw. Same with the 372. Same with the 395.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There were a limited number of saws that actually had “375XPW” on the recoil too. Just gee wiz

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Tricky thing about the 372 XPW specifically, not all are 75cc. Those were only made for a handful of years. I'm not sure when it happened but when the 75cc version was axed, the 372XPW was simply the X-Torq version with the wrap handle and large dogs.