Questions about porting my 661

Brian72

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm using my 661 mostly for milling. I currently run a 28" and 36" bar but I just got a 50" for it. I know it's not the ideal saw for that bar length but a new saw isn't in the picture right now. Would porting it make a noticeable difference?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm using my 661 mostly for milling. I currently run a 28" and 36" bar but I just got a 50" for it. I know it's not the ideal saw for that bar length but a new saw isn't in the picture right now. Would porting it make a noticeable difference?

All the difference in the world.

@treemonkey or @Mastermind.

Both have them dialed in.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
7:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

It would.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I would knock in the oiler pin for more oil. After the pin is knocked in oiling is pretty good. Pin is right next to oiler screw...punch it in flush. Allows you to turn it out a tad more. Add a max flo and those two things alone make a difference. 50” might be pushing it a bit for the oiler, but you will only find out by trying it.

Last edited:

Brian72

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would knock in the oiler pin for more oil. After the pin is knocked in oiling is pretty good. Pin is right next to oiler screw...punch it in flush. Allows you to turn it out a tad more. Add a max flo and those two things alone make a difference. 50” might be pushing it a bit for the oiler but you will only find out by trying it.
Thanks. I did push the pin and also got an auxiliary oiler.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
7:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What is the best way to get in touch with you for more information Randy?

mastermindsaws.com

Or use my email mastermindworksaws@gmail.com

Just be aware that I'm at least 8 weeks behind at all times.......and on certain saws it takes me much longer. Much depends on whether or not I can do the saw in a batch.......if it's an oddball, it's gonna take longer. Of course the 661 isn't one of those......just sayin.

Brian72

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
mastermindsaws.com

Or use my email mastermindworksaws@gmail.com

Just be aware that I'm at least 8 weeks behind at all times.......and on certain saws it takes me much longer. Much depends on whether or not I can do the saw in a batch.......if it's an oddball, it's gonna take longer. Of course the 661 isn't one of those......just sayin.
Thanks Randy. I'll check the site and hopefully be in touch with you soon.