Quality Control At The Highest Level

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't turn away low hour saws. Hell Tom......I still do too damn many rebuilds. I just say I don't do used saws to keep people from asking. But does it work? Hell NO !!!!!

:asz:
In that case, the 090 is in the mail. You’re welcome. :wave:

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
7:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did ya find dat in da dictionary?
Unfortunately we had to learn about it in automotive school. It's a big thing, especially with spinning a diesel too fast. Derail...sorry!

The mufflers on modern huskys are trash, and that piston being installed backwards is horse chit.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've seen plenty of MS 290/390 mufflers self destruct. Haven't seen it on the 372's and there's not many 390's here. Did have the cylinder bolts come loose on one I sold to a buddy though.

Yeah that backwards piston deal is fuggin shameful.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bitter reality, Huskys self destruct. I had one Stihl loose a muffler bolt and I run my pistons backwards on purpose.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bitter reality, Huskys self destruct. I had one Stihl loose a muffler bolt and I run my pistons backwards on purpose.

I can't condemn all Huskys. I have a pretty nice collection of 2 series saws. Best saws of that era in my not so humble opinion. :D

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guys most of the 3 series saws are pretty solid and seem to hold up well. Some are just hard on things[emoji11] others can make even the biggest POS last forever.

Yeah that backwards piston is a thing of beauty, husky QC is in the dark ages right now. IMHO saws are not what Husky corporate really cares about that much, it's all about mowers and blowers lol.[emoji111]

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guys most of the 3 series saws are pretty solid and seem to hold up well.

I can agree with that. I like everything about the OE 372XP except the sound they make. One of the guys that helps when we make firewood said if I brought out another modded 372 he would start staying at home. The exhaust note is ear splitting on those things.