High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

pulled the trigger

randy

Active OPE Member
Local time
11:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
ordered my split second and will be arriving on the 28th, thanks to all that posted info about their experiences with them . i went with the split second after much reading and watching and talking with both of the finalist. my reasons for my choice was the much wider wheel base,height adjustable ( i'm tall),retractable tow hitch, outriggers for greater support,loglift (i'm getting older, doubles as table) tool tray, and cover. i felt for the money kinetics cost i shouldn't have to make mods. my only concern is the durability which super split has long proven success , hope i didn't make a mistake i'll have to live with lol, i'll keep you posted when it comes in i get to use it next week!

Cigmaker

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm definitely interested in the review.

randy

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
trucking co. delivering in pm tomorrow so may not be able to test it out, but i will on wed. and will post what i think !

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
10:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Man I would love to try one out.

randy

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
splitter arrived tues. afternoon crated very well and the accessories were boxed and packed well. splitter was easy to put together only a few easy steps, sliding retractable trailer hitch into receiver 2 pins and and a stop bolt on back side to stop it from coming out if pins weren't put in. slide tube stand with wheel into tow bar and insert locking pin. pull off the skid, place table on main beam insert 6 bolts( if you purchased log lift and want to save a step don't put in back 2 bolts and keep front 4 bolts loose). put a little less than a qt. of oil and a gallon of gas and your ready to start splitting! ! it was raining and getting dark so packed it up for the day. oh no, wife is yelling at me to go so can't keep the boss waiting lol, i'll continue when i have time to detail the rest of my thoughts sorry!

randy

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay with the review of the split second, with all the snow melt and rain my header is 4-6 inches deep in mud so i haven't been able to put it through a good test. I did get about 15 rounds through it 3-4 were in the 18 " area and were hard maple and black birch(very stringy) went through all easy. When it dries up a little I'll give much better detailed review .

randy

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
sorry for the delay, mud has finally dried up and I've been working in the header getting all my equipment switched from winter use (tractor winch off, backhoe on, had to replace both rear brake seals on axel, leveling area for wm lt 40 to start milling all my lumber, new stihl 461 for felling and the list goes on so haven't really had the time to start the firewood task, but i do have a couple of pics from my short trial and when i find the time to work on the firewood i'll update the review as i get to use it for a longer period.

Attachments

• NCM_0584.JPG
    NCM_0584.JPG
    200.9 KB · Views: 18
  • NCM_0585.JPG
    NCM_0585.JPG
    224.2 KB · Views: 23
  • NCM_0588.JPG
    NCM_0588.JPG
    200.6 KB · Views: 20