Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
12:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought motoseal was easy to clean up. Most of it scrapes off. What does not scrape off cleans up with carb cleaner. Someting like RTV is nasty to clean up.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

A wire brush works good on motoseal too.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
While Motoseal isnt concrete, nothing is as easy to clean as 518 is.
It mostly just wipes off with a rag, the harder stuff just wipes off with a little acetone on the rag.
I dont like anything falling into the crankcase, unless I'm going to be splitting the case

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK Brewz, putting Motoseal on the base before you even have a piston on ... Too many beers!!!

I mostly use the 518, but follow Randy's advice ... the surfaces have to be very clean ... lightly sand first, then use brake cleaner.

mt.stalker

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
OK Brewz, putting Motoseal on the base before you even have a piston on ... Too many beers!!!

I mostly use the 518, but follow Randy's advice ... the surfaces have to be very clean ... lightly sand first, then use brake cleaner.
How did u do hunting Apex this year Mike ?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We had a lot of sign, but saw nothing! Discovered they were baiting with corn pretty heavily on the other side of the Mountain, so I believe that was part of the problem. Very discouraging, too many are doing it, even after one of them was busted (laughed at the fine).

How did you make out? (Luckily, I got a nice 8 pt locally with the MZ in regular season, no rifles allowed here).

Attachments

• IMG_20161122_194647246.jpg
    IMG_20161122_194647246.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20161122_194703817.jpg
    IMG_20161122_194703817.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 19

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
2:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I wasn't as think as you drunk I was.
Method to my madness
I find it easier to get the sealer on with no piston.

I clean the surface down with carb cleaner

mt.stalker

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We had a lot of sign, but saw nothing! Discovered they were baiting with corn pretty heavily on the other side of the Mountain, so I believe that was part of the problem. Very discouraging, too many are doing it, even after one of them was busted (laughed at the fine).

How did you make out? (Luckily, I got a nice 8 pt locally with the MZ in regular season, no rifles allowed here).
Good job !!! I didn't fill any tags , but had a lot of fun ! I believe the herd is slowly recooperating from the winter of 2014 . Some of those baiting bastards (masturbaters) pulled most of the deer from our property several yrs ago with corn piles ... We planted Clover , Brassicas , oats , rye , in several areas to help "keep them home ".

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm gonna have to plant some stuff, but it is so wooded and I don't have any heavy equipment, makes it tough.

We have found corn piles and mineral licks in virtually every direction. My 50 acres and one directly next to me seem to be the only ones playing by the rules. The guy on the other side does not hunt, and says we can hunt there, but he tells everyone that, and we have found corn piles on his property also (even though he did not put them there).

It just gets frustrating when the playing field in not level.

DrewUth

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Absolutely easier to apply sealant before the piston is on...even gives it time to "tack up" as most manufacturers recommend.

Dunno how you guys think RTV is ok...it's fuel soluble. The Ultra Grey/Motoseal/Yamabond stuff is fuel resistant which makes it a much better choice. I would never use Black/Blue/Red/Copper RTV anywhere that may come in contact with fuel, the stuff just turns to jelly.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good advice on the before I install the piston, that should make my life a lot easier!

I think someone said there was Black Silicon that was rated as fuel resistant???

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is a black rtv that's used in diesel engines and oil resistant. It shouldn't come in contact with it if the cylinders bolts stay tight.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
11:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i have a large tube of 3 Bond which is starting to seperate when i squeese tube tube
what can be done here or do i throw it away
Peter

I truly do not know, as I've never had that happen to me, nore have I heard of such a thing either. Maybe @afleetcommand can help possibly.