Proof that Alexa is a spy

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My girlfriend booked a trip for us to go to the Dominican Republic in January. We fly from NYC <JFK> direct to Santo Domingo. She has family down there and if you venture out of the capital about 2 hours to the north side of the island there is a spot called “viente siete charcos” which translates into 27 waterfalls. She was talking to me about it, talking it up to see if I’d be interested in seeing it. I started entering the search into my Iphone’s Safari browser (google search default), and all I got in was “27 cha” and Siri (the apple virtual assistant) suggests “27 waterfalls Dominican Republic”.
It creeped me out a little because now I assume my phone is constantly listening to me and sending *s-word to Apple.
f7f1f171dc2e0124cb192842e14b2ae4.jpg

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have thus far uninstalled updates and disabled 28 Google apps on my Android tablet PC.

Miraculously my tablet PC is still doing what I expect it to do, just faster with much less lag.

Background recourse load has also decreased to almost non existing.
A tiny app called "CPU Stats" really helped me in identifying system loads that were not caused by my normal usage but by apps running unattended and without my consent in the background doing who knows what.

Most Google apps restart themselves almost instantly when one force closes them - disabling them is the only cure I found to be effective!

I have a Gen.1/2012 Google Nexus 7.

The end user is generally not in control of his own "smart" gadget nowadays, whether it be powered by Win10, Android or iOS!

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Creepy as hell and your concerns are not unfounded or kooky at all!

Skynet is watching and listening!

They like to tell you it's to "help" you and it's all to enhance and personalize your experience with your gadgets..but that info is used for advertising and God knows what else or who else they might be selling or giving that info to!

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There was a recent news story on a lady who owned an African Grey Parrot and didn’t know why the same damn product was delivered to her from Amazon 10 times plus.

Apparently, the parrot figured out how to say “Alexa”

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
How many people buy Amazon Echo or Dot, Google Home or Apple HomePod, and let them listen in with an active microphone to everything they say, never batting an eye to the privacy they give up?
Not here not in my house. Even my 14 yr old knows to pull batteries or shut down like electronics when not wanted. She has been informed why. Her laptop has a sticker on the camera lens when not in use.

Creepy as hell and your concerns are not unfounded or kooky at all!

Skynet is watching and listening!

They like to tell you it's to "help" you and it's all to enhance and personalize your experience with your gadgets..but that info is used for advertising and God knows what else or who else they might be selling or giving that info to!
To sell you and your family more stuff. Your kids are the target market.
And most accept it willingly!
Most have not a clue.
I’m shocked at how many people don’t even consider this.
Consider what.
Consider this, your house has a smart meter if it is digital. It records all loads frequencies spikes and it knows what electronic is running when and what motor is running when when you're using the hairdryer and when you do it most often leave it and it all gets sent out by Wi-Fi and you have no clue. That in turn is sold to marketing agencies with as much information added as possible to sell the lead. Welcome to the twenty first. Oh, this was all made possible by those elected and appointed officials here to protect your independent right to privacy. Corporations run the world now.

treesmith

Tree Hugger/Cutterer
Local time
12:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Smart meters are a health issue waiting to surface fully

The watching thing was in wiki leaks, vault 7, cia, Google, apple, etc
You are being recorded, saved and sold, it's insidious

Even Zuckerberg covers his laptop camera with tape...

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Wife just got the echo dot for xmas. I said you can take that to work and leave it at office not here. Its all doin it smart tvs and everything.

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
3:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I hate Alexa and Siri and all dem *b-wordes with a passion!

I was listening to an Indie radio show over here the other day. They did a sketch making out that a couple were using Alexa as a babysitter, I mean they can read stories out loud can't they, right???

It's really scary stuff, how people are making themselves more lazy, with all this sh!te. I mean, FFS it can't change a soiled diaper can it? It's just a f**king speaker at the end of the day!!!

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Agreed. Thats whats wrong with the world and problems today to much internet social media and video games with violence. Its a free baby sitter. It kills me to go to dinner and see kids on tablets watching movies and playing games in a resteraunt. My daughter is 9 and wants a phone we said no. She says all my friends have them, i say so. Not that i agree or anything or want it takin in the wrong way at all. But thats what the whole ted kasinski thing and him being the unibomber was about. He didnt like the advancement of computers and technology. The guy was crazy and again not meaning it to be taken out of text at all.

Last edited:

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I saw a news article that stated if you ask one of these things about Jesus it states that he "Is a Fictional Character" but if you ask about Mohammad it states "he was a wise profit."

Not trying to get a religion debate started here but I will never own one.