High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

predators and other varmints

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Am I the only one that hates these damn things with a passion. My buddy came down again Sat. to make a little deer drive for the old cripple, and this is what he runs by me. It made my day, much better than any size deer for me IMO!! ( Did I mention I hate coyotes ) We never had these damn things here until just a few short years ago! They just about got all the rabbits here, now they working on the turkeys and fawns.

Rant over!! :mad:

Big healthy male,

Attachments

• 100_1033.JPG
    100_1033.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 84

Stihlsmoking

City Hillbilly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nope hate them also. Sometimes I'd rather shoot one of those then a deer. Around here they're hard to hunt and your lucky if you have one come in ? I see out west they call and have 4 or 5 come in not here.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
3:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nope hate them also. Sometimes I'd rather shoot one of those then a deer. Around here they're hard to hunt and your lucky if you have one come in ? I see out west they call and have 4 or 5 come in not here.
When my dog is in heat, we play Steve vs the Coyotes, at night. We get serenaded often. I keep an AR15 by the outside bedroom door. When they start, I open the door and spray the woods. Keeps them away for a few days.
We almost always kill a couple during deer season. I've got some steep rock faces, with caves, on my property. The Coyotes love them.
We also have a lot of Fox and the odd Mountain Lion.
The conservation dept tried to reintroduce Wolves a few years ago. It didn't work out so good. The cattle ranchers wiped them out..............go figure.

Last edited:

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Am I the only one that hates these damn things with a passion. My buddy came down again Sat. to make a little deer drive for the old cripple, and this is what he runs by me. It made my day, much better than any size deer for me IMO!! ( Did I mention I hate coyotes ) We never had these damn things here until just a few short years ago! They just about got all the rabbits here, now they working on the turkeys and fawns.

Big healthy male,
That's a chubby One. Ours aren't as well fed.

Stihlsmoking

City Hillbilly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When my dog is in heat, we play Steve vs the Coyotes, at night. We get serenaded often. I keep an AR15 by the outside bedroom door. When they start, I open the door and spray the woods. Keeps them away for a few days.
We almost always kill a couple during deer season. I've got some steep rock faces, with caves, on my property. The Coyotes love them.
The conservation dept tried to reintroduce Wolves a few years ago. It didn't work out so good. The cattle ranchers wiped them out..............go figure.

If,n I was you I'd get night vision or red/green light call them bastards in and see how many I could drop with my AR before they got away.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That's a chubby One. Ours aren't as well fed.

Ours are. The eat my calves and everything damn thing else around here. Calves, dogs,cats. Esp. Afterbirth from cows. They have no preference. They have taken cats from peoples poaches . And small dogs, etc. I have lost over 18 calves to those bastards in last 8 to 10 years.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Big healthy male,
chootem- chootem-- chootem!

Crzybowhntr

Apprentice Slacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ours are. The eat my calves and everything damn thing else around here. Calves, dogs,cats. Esp. Afterbirth from cows. They have no preference. They have taken cats from peoples poaches . And small dogs, etc. I have lost over 18 calves to those bastards in last 8 to 10 years.
Cyanide capsules were pretty popular here for a while and seemed to help a lot. My AR-15 helps out frequently as well.

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I will shoot a yote over a deer!

Like when they come in to the bleat call and scent and put a arrow through them.

I dont even think about it. Must K...!

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have chickens and I got hit last December by a mink. He was just killing the chickens and piling them in a neat little pile. Never seen anything like that before and hope not again. 11 killed the first time and a week later another 11. Keep getting out steel traps so tried live animal traps. After two weeks right after trapping a stripped kitty I caught him. He nearly tore the trap apart trying to get out but that .22 settle him right down.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

We have em here, but they haven't gotten out of hand yet.

This summer I was in west Texas at a ranch doing a ELR shoot. At night they'd start howling. It sounded like thousands of them out there.

Very eery

Genius

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

You guys have some smart ranchers out there.

Years ago they introduced wolves to the Upper Penensula here in Michigan. Of course they were protected. The population has now gotten so out of hand that they have literally wiped out the deer population.
My neighbor has several hundred acres up there for hunting property. They used to have a ton of deer there. He has found piles of up to 20 deer that the wolves have killed and drag onto a pile.

The last two years he hasn't seen a single deer on his property.

Stihlsmoking

City Hillbilly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You guys have some smart ranchers out there.

Years ago they introduced wolves to the Upper Penensula here in Michigan. Of course they were protected. The population has now gotten so out of hand that they have literally wiped out the deer population.
My neighbor has several hundred acres up there for hunting property. They used to have a ton of deer there. He has found piles of up to 20 deer that the wolves have killed and drag onto a pile.

The last two years he hasn't seen a single deer on his property.

I liked your post but kinda didn't want to ?
I know if I had property like that I'd of shot any wolf I seen. Use accelerators no ballistics and left em lay!!

Genius

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I liked your post but kinda didn't want to ?
I know if I had property like that I'd of shot any wolf I seen. Use accelerators no ballistics and left em lay!!

From what me neighbor says that is how the locals are taking care of the problem up there.

A few years back they had to put it on the ballot to open up limited hunting. Thankfully it passed.
That was a comical election. The damn tree huggers and activist's lost their chit.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good friend lives on Sugar Island and wolves have moved in. Wolves take care of coyote, cat, dog, deer, cattle and any other problem animal. Things will take a turn when they eat an activist's child.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From what me neighbor says that is how the locals are taking care of the problem up there.

A few years back they had to put it on the ballot to open up limited hunting. Thankfully it passed.
That was a comical election. The damn tree huggers and activist's lost their chit.
Michigan federal court of appeals over turned that bill and wolf hunting is not allowed in Michigan. It is back to locals to enforce SSS local ruling to protect family and live stock. (Shoot, Shovel and Shut UP!)

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Michigan federal court of appeals over turned that bill and wolf hunting is not allowed in Michigan. It is back to locals to enforce SSS local ruling to protect family and live stock. (Shoot, Shovel and Shut UP!)

AMEN to that!!!!!! So glad we don't have those bastards here yet. Until some S.O.B. decides that they need to import some here. :mad: