High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Prayers needed

Seirraniagara

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Its easy to say, hang in there. God is with us every step of the way. My deepest thoughts are with you and your family. Keep us posted on her progress. My family will pray for yours. It is Canadas Thanksgiving weekend, and your family will be on our list of prayers and thanks. Much respect

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
9:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Once again thank everyone for the prayers. It appears that she is going into organ failure. Probably weeks to live at this point. Please just pray for Gods will, and little suffering.

Sorry to hear this man. Is she alert at all?

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
7:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My best wishes for your grandmother and your family. Being an ex medical professional, she probably had a very good idea of how she wanted to go. Most do - my grandmother was an RN for 28 years and she always said "No life support."

GlocknStihl

Derelict OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Once again thank everyone for the prayers. It appears that she is going into organ failure. Probably weeks to live at this point. Please just pray for Gods will, and little suffering.

The only peace to be had is comfort knowing where she is going, she will be a lot better off than we are here. After losing my dad in 2012, after turning myself into a raging alcoholic, it took a long time for me to come to that realization. We will just pray she has a painless journey from your side to God's side.

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I guess this is the point in my life where I can make the decision to thank the lord for family members and friends that have gone before me instead of grieving the loss so hard celebrating what I have learned from them and the time I have gotten to spend with them. I know there will be pin on my part no matter what but it’s coming to a point I have to decide which is better for me and my family life.
@Dub11 to look at the last video of her you would think nothing at all is wrong with her but unfortunately the numbers and symptoms don’t show this.

Loss is a part of life I just wish I had made this choice in my life much earlier.

One of the beat pieces of advice about being a paramedic I ever received cane from her.
“How do you just move from patient to patient and never Have it bother you even to frequent flyers? “
Grandmother “ when you transfer care, unless you are trying to keep up with the condition you treated for your education sake, don’t ever ask about them ever again. Don’t ever get to a personal conversation level with a patient or their family, but still be empathetic and understanding.”
To this day I can point out most people I have ever run on even with the 1000’s of calls I have been on in my career. But I feel no attachment whatsoever to them at all.

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well gentlemen, sorry for not updating this thread in quite a while. I got the call that she passed away early this morning.
She is now whole and to the best of my knowledge her soul is in heaven with The Lord. No more suffering for her, and hopefully this morning she got to finally meet the two children that she never got to meet on this earth. One of which is my sons name sake.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you everyone for your prayers!
Well news from the doc is a 7 mm thick bleed that has pushed her brain 3 mm inside her skull. She does recognize my uncle and is eating and drinking at this time which tells me there is some fight in her. However she does not recognize my aunt other than her name, or her surroundings.

@MustangMike She was 100% lucid at the time, nurse for 50+ years she is currently 87 yrs young with Parkinson’s. She is legally blind has very limited use of her right hand (Dominant). She had already stated she didn’t ever want to be on life support, which she isn’t at the moment. She knows the quality of life or lack thereof that she would have after a bleed like this, and recovery from surgery. She has been frustrated for a while about the essential tremor that has cause the problems with her right hand. It was a money maker for her when nursing and a relaxation aid doing every bit of needle work you can imagine her entire life. She is on the newest therapies for Parkinson’s thanks To my uncle being financially blessed and knowing people in the pharmaceutical industry, still has not made much dent in the progression just some of the symptoms. Appreciate the advice but none of us are willing to go against her wishes as in the end she would never forgive whoever signed off on the decision to do so. There comes a point when we hold on to someone for our sake instead of their well-being and this is one that would not be for her well being do to her outlook on it.
I'm real sorry my brother. Prayers to your family.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well gentlemen, sorry for not updating this thread in quite a while. I got the call that she passed away early this morning.
She is now whole and to the best of my knowledge her soul is in heaven with The Lord. No more suffering for her, and hopefully this morning she got to finally meet the two children that she never got to meet on this earth. One of which is my sons name sake.

Very sorry sir. My mom passed on October the 18th, I know quite a bit about what you are facing. I am thankful to hear that she knew Christ as her Savior. It's tough to face
when it is a beloved love one. Will pray for you and your family.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry to hear of your loss my friend.
As I've heard it said: here there, or in the air. Rest assured she's the one wanting better for us.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my grandparents very close together. It was very hard for me to deal with. When my gramdma passed my Gpa was in a nursing home suffering with dementia and knew knowone where he was. When gma passed he had a moment of clarity and started asking the staff where his wife was and if she was ok. He said he felt like something was wrong and needed to see her. He became very hostile trying to walk out to go find her for himself. When i came to visit him the next day and told him his loving wife had passed on he had another moment of clarity looked right at me and said "Jeffie" I know the love of my life is gone even quoted the time she passed (noone had told him anything) plus with his dementia there was no way he would of remembered even if he had been told or knowen who i was. Then told me he would see her soon. Within 6 days he also passed on in his sleep. His condition hadnt changed one bit. The docs said his heart had just stopped. The loard is very powerful and I know he was bringing them back together where they belonged. It was hard to deal with but they are both in a way better place with no more suffering.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On my Dad's side, everyone though my Grandfather would pass first, but she passed first, and he went to pieces. A guy that went to college when no one went could no longer take care of himself. My Dad tried to take care of him, then one of his sisters, but you just could not do it, he ended up in a NH.

My Dad visited and gave him a few dollars. On the way out, the Nurse asked him not to do that any more. My Dad replied, "why shouldn't I give my Dad some money?" She replied "because after you leave, he eats it".

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On my Dad's side, everyone though my Grandfather would pass first, but she passed first, and he went to pieces. A guy that went to college when no one went could no longer take care of himself. My Dad tried to take care of him, then one of his sisters, but you just could not do it, he ended up in a NH.

My Dad visited and gave him a few dollars. On the way out, the Nurse asked him not to do that any more. My Dad replied, "why shouldn't I give my Dad some money?" She replied "because after you leave, he eats it".

I don't think I'm supposed to like this post. That's heartbreaking. My dad is 79, married almost 60 years. I believe he is doing better than I expected. I am also very grateful.
Sometimes the strongest become weaker in the sunset of life. Sometimes even the weakest find a strength from God -- none of us expected in them. (My observation )