Trader history (0)

B440

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking for a cheap unmodified 4218 box store Poulan. One of my buddies has a used one that runs ok, and another buddy just purchased one brand new on Black Friday for $99. I wanna get one and do some simple mods to show them that they actually own a decent homeowner saw. I'm located in Thompson, CT.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do they not think that they own a decent saw?

Anyway, I've run one, and hated it, but it was owned by someone who didn't know much about them, so it wasn't well taken care of. Out of tune, the clutch bearing was stiff or the clutch full of gunk because the chain always rotated (stop the chain at idle and the engine stopped), the tensioner gears would slip a lot making it near impossible to tighten the chain. Not to mention overweight and under powered.

upload_2019-12-11_19-35-50.png

B440

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sometimes you need to inspire people I guess.

Any idea what "Oxypower" is??

B440

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Think I found a guy local selling two for $40 a piece.

B440

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmm, I like the all-black scheme. Two questions; did you do any modifications to yours? And is Poulan the parent company, or some other brand name that owns them?

Edit: Husqvarna owns Poulan, so just one question.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
3:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I made no modifications. Yes, Poulan made the saw for Sears about 16 years ago. The original owner gave it to me and said, "I'm through with it. Can't get it started. It's a dud. Take it. She's yours."

The pull cord was broken from numerous attempts. I found the spark plug loose and not even thumb tight. After repairing the pull cord, I cleaned the plug, checked for a spark (it was there), and it started on the third pull and ran perfectly.

The saw came with a black case. I kept the saw but seldom use it because I have several other brands about the same size. This is the only one I have that's dark green with black accents. All my friends who run Stihls make fun of me whenever I show up with it. So, it usually stays in the garage.

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Took this one in trade while back. Just needed carb tuned and fresh mix.

Got another here with scored P but have a whole motor set aside for it. But dont ever see me rebuilding it at this point.

Runs like they should. Perfect for homeowners doing light work.

pp4218.jpg pp4218x.jpg pp4218xx.jpg