Porting, You get what you pay for

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
12:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This one's Lenin. Dunno what they stuffed him with but it wasn't GMO wheat.
lenin1-300x240.jpg

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
1:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
If I post here you wont remove all my post that are reply to a call out will ya. ;)

Some :cheer: site protects a thief. :facepalm:

michaelmj11

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
YAY, i made it to the end..... Someone said something about cookies, where are the 3ft. cookies.... ??

Ok, seriously what is this Blue Goo you guys keep talking about??

I'll fix anything that goes wrong.......and I've eat a lot of stuff that was in no way my fault.

BUT........I can't expect everyone that mods saws to do that. I'm planning on doing this until I'm too old to run a Foredom......and fixing a few saws a year for free is just good business.

For what period of time after you mail the saw to the owner? Or worded differently for how long do you warranty the saw once it is put into use? Because as a number of people pointed out, everything breaks eventually

They're called Wicked Worksaws. How you get there is that important? That's same attitude that gets $50,000 trailer queens put back on the trailer by a junkyard dog.
I guess you can't be a PSP if there isn't a pile of mag chips on the bench.
Sugi Hara. Plastic might be faded, but the bar says PSP.

You have been upgraded to cool. :coleman:

Ok, what is PSP? I have no clue what the $50,000 stuff was meaning/referring to.....

lets replace the useless post number button to the left of the like button with the "groan", it counts the same as a like but author knows their humor killed you just a tiny bit inside at the same time:)

I still say there NEEDS to be a Dislike button!!!!

it was difficult not to quote some walker dude who wasn't Chuck Norris.

or a barrel of dicks!
You're the only one I know that could fall in a barrel of titties and come out with a dick in your mouth
You guys better cut that out. Randy needs to focus on a raffle thread, not this thread.

Next thing we know is that he's going to start to grow a mustache and collect barrels

OK THAT HAS TO become a signature, darn i laughed for about 3 minutes.

That's why I have stuck with Randy thru 37 port jobs and I got 3 more coming up next month. I've never had a single issue with him or a saw he has built for me, so why would I look anywhere else? I could care less if another builder builds a faster version of a certain model, Id rather loose a couple seconds and have the peace of mind knowing that Randy takes his time, and he stands behind his work. (I cut firewood not cookies) Its for that reason that he will be doing both my Solo 665s. There is a builder known for his 7900/681s, but Ive heard enough, from several different sources (with no hidden agenda) to be leary. The couple seconds isn't worth it to me. Now if he was an hour away from me, and I could meet him face to face.... that might be different. I chose Randy back in 09 to port my first saw after reading in silence for an entire year. During that time I not only evaluated the work, but the person doing the work. Ive been happy with MMWS. A person should pick a builder, establish a friendship, and stick with em. You can avoid a lot of headaches that way. Id say we got all the options we need right here now with jmssaws, mdavlee, tree monkey, and Miller. Scott (Tree Monkey) has probably forgot more about saws than most of us will ever know. He is brilliant with saws.

there needs to be a bookmarking option..... ^:neng2kb:
:ole:

Last edited:

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
PSP really means Precious Saw Pettiness :risas3:

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, what is PSP? I have no clue what the $50,000 stuff was meaning/referring to.....

Ported Saw Polisher. $50,000,An oblique reference to drag racing. Specifically to the episode of "Pinks" where the boys with the very pretty GM got their asses handed to them by a clapped out 5.0 Mustang that was put together just right.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK fellers......

Are we done with this thread?

Can we let this thing slide off the front page?????

Dead Horse?

I am a member of an MMA forum. They have a sub forum called "Wasteland". They send all of the BS threads there, some get sent immediately from the first page. You could create a similar sub-forum to send these threads to be discussed further if so desired. They will not clog up the chainsaw forum and die off eventually.

Or, you could just lock it if you think it has served it's purpose. Some people don't like the locking of threads, personally I don't give a crap. As far as I am concerned this thread served it's purpose a long time ago.

michaelmj11

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I am a member of an MMA forum. They have a sub forum called "Wasteland". They send all of the BS threads there, some get sent immediately from the first page. You could create a similar sub-forum to send these threads to be discussed further if so desired. They will not clog up the chainsaw forum and die off eventually.

Or, you could just lock it if you think it has served it's purpose. Some people don't like the locking of threads, personally I don't give a crap. As far as I am concerned this thread served it's purpose a long time ago.

Yah, I'm all for locking it, but since it was still open I figured I'd ask my questions here. And there was the whole feeling of accomplishment for making it to the end.

treesmith

Tree Hugger/Cutterer
Local time
3:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
For me results are the most important, Randymind ported all my saws, for all I care he could have rubbed his nutsack around the ports and called it good, as long as they run well thats all I care about

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
For me results are the most important, Randymind ported all my saws, for all I care he could have rubbed his nutsack around the ports and called it good, as long as they run well thats all I care about

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Probably not his Wasabi pea bag, but I bet he flung poo at it.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
YAY, i made it to the end..... Someone said something about cookies, where are the 3ft. cookies.... ??

Ok, seriously what is this Blue Goo you guys keep talking about??

For what period of time after you mail the saw to the owner? Or worded differently for how long do you warranty the saw once it is put into use? Because as a number of people pointed out, everything breaks eventually

I still say there NEEDS to be a Dislike button!!!!

it was difficult not to quote some walker dude who wasn't Chuck Norris.

OK THAT HAS TO become a signature, darn i laughed for about 3 minutes.

there needs to be a bookmarking option..... ^:neng2kb:
:ole:

On my crew we used to say barrel full of vaj (say it out loud if you can't work it out), but that still made me laugh for a minute solid. Then my 7 year old asked me what I was laughing at.:eusa_doh:

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
7:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll add something to this thread.

I had the same kind of issue with the same builder last year. The saw was not new, but freshly ported. I don't want to blame terry anymore, he know how to build a good runner (there's an impressive WWS 390 who lives near me just in the other side of the boarder with Germany, and my 1st 562 he built me is a really strong saw).

But sometimes, he probably just want to go too fast. In my case, he probably didn't check the squish before sending the saw, I had a low 150psi read on my perfectly working gauge, and when I removed the cylinder to check the squish (over .040), the "port work" was exactly the same, just a rough finish on the lowers and the exhaust. Since, I have another member from AS who PM me, he had the same kind of issues with his WWS 550.

I paid $275 for this porting job. In this case, $200 seems more fair.

Here's my point, I'm sure Terry is not a bad guy and he don't want to screw anybody. And he know how to build a good worksaw. But sometimes, he take too much work and he go too fast, and he forget to check a few things.