High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Porting tools what's out there for the poor man like me.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
4:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You do such nice work nobody wants to fix a tool at your price shipped.

These ones don't take a lot of rework, but knowing what sellers are going to send you the correct ones took a bit of initial investment.

The #30 copies I had before took a lot of rework but I could get them for $5 a piece. In the end it really wasn't worth it. These new ones with the larger chuck are surprisingly good quality, they spin very free.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great info guys … so I'll look for a little advice

1) Pros/Cons of Bridge Ports

2) Advice on gaining torque in a MS440 BB Current #s Sq .018, 102.5, 122.5, 81.

Only work I did on transfers were to move opening of upper in line with the lower on the intake side. Since BBs often have restricted transfers, would Bridge Ports help?

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Great info guys … so I'll look for a little advice

1) Pros/Cons of Bridge Ports

2) Advice on gaining torque in a MS440 BB Current #s Sq .018, 102.5, 122.5, 81.

Only work I did on transfers were to move opening of upper in line with the lower on the intake side. Since BBs often have restricted transfers, would Bridge Ports help?
Not much Mike. Your lacking volume in the port choke area. Go there first and gain what you can get away with.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You're on the list. I think that is all from the next batch I ordered spoken for. I'll get even more in route.
I’ll take a couple from whatever batch has the next available Shaun. I already have one from a previous batch, and it’s great! Use it all the time.

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pros/Cons of Bridge Ports

I agree with trying to work up the flow in the actual ports. On my 450 Husky I had to completely remove the back of the removable transfer port covers and rebuild them with fiberglass and GB Weld. I needed the extra area in a bad way, I needed a lot more area in the port to get the flow.

The bridge port concept is to 'direct' the flow. Think of the 372 jug and how the back ports are angled a bit more upward than the flat opening forward ports - that is what a bridge port does.

Think about an open port cylinder, the flow goes up along the side of the piston and tends to 'lift' the flow off the top of the piston. That's what the bridge port does, it tends to lift the flow off the top of the piston - just like the upward angle on the top of the back port of the 372. By using the bridge port at the back of the single port, you can essentially get two different angles of port flow from a single port.

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ll take a couple from whatever batch has the next available Shaun. I already have one from a previous batch, and it’s great! Use it all the time.

2 for me Too!
Shep

Ok, I have you two on the list.

When I get more available I'll PM everyone in the order I put them on the list.

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree with trying to work up the flow in the actual ports. On my 450 Husky I had to completely remove the back of the removable transfer port covers and rebuild them with fiberglass and GB Weld. I needed the extra area in a bad way, I needed a lot more area in the port to get the flow.

The bridge port concept is to 'direct' the flow. Think of the 372 jug and how the back ports are angled a bit more upward than the flat opening forward ports - that is what a bridge port does.

Think about an open port cylinder, the flow goes up along the side of the piston and tends to 'lift' the flow off the top of the piston. That's what the bridge port does, it tends to lift the flow off the top of the piston - just like the upward angle on the top of the back port of the 372. By using the bridge port at the back of the single port, you can essentially get two different angles of port flow from a single port.

You can get more than one angle from a single port without using a bridge too. I also have a different entrance angle on dual ports saws between the intake and exhaust side, but you really have to work back into the port to achieve it.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You can get more than one angle from a single port without using a..... but you really have to work back into the port to achieve it.
IMO that is the hardest part of increasing volume to the port face on a quad port cylinder. But, be your own boss on what works for your particular build.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
10:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
These ones don't take a lot of rework, but knowing what sellers are going to send you the correct ones took a bit of initial investment.

The #30 copies I had before took a lot of rework but I could get them for $5 a piece. In the end it really wasn't worth it. These new ones with the larger chuck are surprisingly good quality, they spin very free.

I'm interested in a couple to when/if you make another order.