High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Porting tools what's out there for the poor man like me.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yea I know I'm sure someone has done a thread of this topic at one point but I get a lot of people asking me about how I port cylinders and sometimes it's kind of embarrassing for me to tell people how I do it and the way I've been doing it takes me a few days to get it finished but like every one you use what you got and can afford I've been busy working on a few saw's and a couple cars this week and finally got some extra cash after paying off the dog vet bill that stung a bit so my dremel is getting really bad and tired so I broke down and got this and I'm very excited can't wait to put it to work. IMG_20180714_173903.jpg

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
4:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
9:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yea I know I'm sure someone has done a thread of this topic at one point but I get a lot of people asking me about how I port cylinders and sometimes it's kind of embarrassing for me to tell people how I do it and the way I've been doing it takes me a few days to get it finished but like every one you use what you got and can afford I've been busy working on a few saw's and a couple cars this week and finally got some extra cash after paying off the dog vet bill that stung a bit so my dremel is getting really bad and tired so I broke down and got this and I'm very excited can't wait to put it to work. View attachment 132776
That'll work just fine...pedal can be a little sticky. Save your pennies and get a couple of good handpieces.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anybody tried one of these from AliExpress? I'm using their site a bit to avoid high shipping costs. And, I figure if the cheap ones are made in Taiwan, I might as well order them direct.

I can't judge the size well is all. They look a little big to me. What do ya'll think?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3mm...408c-4bcb-9b8a-e9bc45e0adfb&priceBeautifyAB=0

Edit: Damn, that's a long link!
Well judging by how it looks in the hand it would work for bigger cylinders but still looks like a very well made tool.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That'll work just fine...pedal can be a little sticky. Save your pennies and get a couple of good handpieces.
Yep thats what I'm shooting for Im trying to find a sight that wood have the hand pieces for this not much luck do you of any?

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep thats what I'm shooting for Im trying to find a sight that wood have the hand pieces for this not much luck do you of any?
Foredom hand pieces are what you want. There's usually a bunch of them on eBay. The right angle handpiece (CC Specialty)is gonna be expensive there's really no way around it if you don't have a decent air compressor.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Search ebay for foredom hand piece.

If you're looking for a 90° handpiece for your motor, cc specialties has them for about $400.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Foredom hand pieces are what you want. There's usually a bunch of them on eBay. The right angle handpiece (CC Specialty)is gonna be expensive there's really no way around it if you don't have a decent air compressor.
I ran the air powered one I posted above on a little 4 gallon Bostich compressor. In reality, you're checking more than you're grinding. And I wasn't running it wide open

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ran the air powered one I posted above on a little 4 gallon Bostich compressor. In reality, you're checking more than you're grinding. And I wasn't running it wide open
Yeah I guess I didn't really speak on experience with that particular tool. A standard die grinder will eat a lot of air in hurry. Lol

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yea air compressor not a high priority on my list at this point the one I've got will last me another year for now if I baby it. Lol

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Definitely.
Don't get me wrong, that compressor ran non stop. But it did the job
Lol. It's definitely hard to fin one that can keep up with good air tools unless you spend like $5,000 for one and not going to happen at this point in time unless I run across a good used one but that's reaching for the moon out here.  :hydrogen:and there's this I have to watch out for to:embarazada:and we all know happy wife is a happy life. Lol

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And thank you very much for info forgot to mention that.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'd like to find a right angle piece with a shallower head. Small upper transfers are the hardest thing to port well. Considering going smaller to work on mini engines. Tough to do. Or, just forget tiny blind holes and start doing four stroke engines again.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd like to find a right angle piece with a shallower head. Small upper transfers are the hardest thing to port well. Considering going smaller to work on mini engines. Tough to do. Or, just forget tiny blind holes and start doing four stroke engines again.
I here you there very hard to do upper transfers I normally don't do much to them for that reason and you really got to have a steady hand doing them I've seen Mastermind and a few others who have that steady hand and there work is outstanding me on the other hand my hands not so steady they seem to shake more when I start porting than they do when I get everything tore down. Lol. But I'm hoping with this new setup I'll have more control of that. I'll post pics of the stuff I was using for doing port work and don't get me wrong it got the job done but there always a better way at least for some of us.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
4:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any pics of the compressors you guys are running? I've got like a 25 gal, 100 psi max garage compressor. I don't have a small compressor. Maybe something I need to look into.