Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
5:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I asked @Mastermind is we could have an "In Search Of Builder/Porter" section. That way we just make a posting and tell thenm what we want done and to what saw. That way the builders can choose to contact us...

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I asked @Mastermind is we could have an "In Search Of Builder/Porter" section. That way we just make a posting and tell thenm what we want done and to what saw. That way the builders can choose to contact us...

I asked Dad.....he never replied.

@Gentleman

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
why have port guys solicit their work
Their work should speak for them

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
why have port guys solicit their work
Their work should speak for them
It's not about having the builders solicit work. It's about people that want a saw worked and dont have a preference who does it or maybe they dont want to send multiple messages out or only want something simple like their squish cut.

Rather than reaching out to builders individually and asking the same question over and over it would just be easier to make a ISO thread and let the person can exaplain what they are looking for...

Some builders want the whole saw, some wont do just a cylinder, some probably wont turn the base and squish only... several factors come into play.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I imagine as a builder, if you were looking for a little extra work it would be nice to be able to go to a forum section where people are looking for work and be able to make contact through PM. Not everyone has the problem of having more work than they have time for...

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's not about having the builders solicit work. It's about people that want a saw worked and dont have a preference who does it or maybe they dont want to send multiple messages out or only want something simple like their squish cut.

Rather than reaching out to builders individually and asking the same question over and over it would just be easier to make a ISO thread and let the person can exaplain what they are looking for...

Some builders want the whole saw, some wont do just a cylinder, some probably wont turn the base and squish only... several factors come into play.
maybe the buyer should do the homework and not be so lazy
There’s a lot of videos that belong to the porters showing their work

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
maybe the buyer should do the homework and not be so lazy
There’s a lot of videos that belong to the porters showing their work
You don't have to agree. It's not being lazy IMO... theres other advantages too, look at the first post in this thread.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
ok so you want another jmssaws *f-wordup ?
You wont prevent a scumbag from doing their thing. Besides, we created the feedback thread for a reason. Anyone can go in there and read up on the builders and have a better idea what they are about. In the past there use to be like 4-5 builders which made the decision easier. Now there are like 15 or more builders who I would consider reputable. If I went and asked the "top 5" if they would port just a cylinder without the whole saw I would probably get denied 3 or 4 out of the 5. Why go through that when I could just throw up a thread and explain what I want. If it doesnt get any attention I could send the link to individual builders and ask if they are interested. The point is, what I'm looking for is out in the open for all the builder to see and if they are interested they can also reach out to a customer. I dont see any of that as a bad thing.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
why be so cheap not to send a complete saw and expect perfect results ?
if i was a builder id refuse to do a cylinder without the saw who knows how the saw is ?
exactly how many ported saws do you actually own ? less than 10 ? less than 5 ?

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
why be so cheap not to send a complete saw and expect perfect results ?
if i was a builder id refuse to do a cylinder without the saw who knows how the saw is ?
exactly how many ported saws do you actually own ? less than 10 ? less than 5 ?
If you're a builder and dont want to fark with it that's fine. You dont have to do the work, you can pass on it. If someone decided to cut the base/squish you dont have to put your stamp the cylinder. Same applies if you did a full port on the cylinder. Not like I'm looking to make a counterfeit ported saw and if i asked someone to cut a cylinder or even do the full port on one I personally would hold the porter responsible if I can't get it to run good...

What's it matter how many I own?

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you're a builder and dont want to fark with it that's fine. You dont have to do the work, you can pass on it. If someone decided to cut the base/squish you dont have to put your stamp the cylinder. Same applies if you did a full port on the cylinder. Not like I'm looking to make a counterfeit ported saw and if i asked someone to cut a cylinder or even do the full port on one I personally would hold the porter responsible if I can't get it to run good...

What's it matter how many I own?
you dont sound like you have much experience with the porters or know what they prefer to do
theres other factors to consider as well
what size bar and what the saw will be mainly used to
a couple saws in the works for me are not regular builds and i leave things up to the builder

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
these are legitimate questions the buyers need to be asking the porter and the porters should ask the buyer

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Dont you think the two individuals involved would work that out? I wouldnt expect anything less. Every single one of those details might not be posted in the ISO thread but I'd expect the two to carry on with that discussion through PM or over the phone.... like I said, it a method to get people connected. If you have your builder picked out then great, the ISO forum section is probably not for you...
I expect to see your GFY vote in my poll thread.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i already did because this isnt ass site and its a *f-wordtard thread
sorry but i remember how you was over there and im giving you some back

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stop being so difficult Dallas. Jeeeesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.