Trader history (0)

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That would be cool! Maybe John Reilly has a video of one running -- John gets a lot of ECsaws ported stuff and a John chain on one of those ECSaws rips in the videos I've seen on John's youtube channel! I'll have a look around if you guys have one of this saw running it would be great. Thanks.
I wouldn't put my hopes to high on it running like a 550 ported with a race chain in the tree unless that's the chains he will be running every day, and that would get very expensive ;).
I will say that with a nice chain he will certainly leave the next saw in the lineup on the ground a good bit more :).
From what I've watched a lot of tree guys cut with a 200t I would think he would be very happy running this with an 18" and pleased with it running a 20".
But if he wants to have a great time have him get one of John's chains and a 14-16" :b1:.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldn't put my hopes to high on it running like a 550 ported with a race chain in the tree unless that's the chains he will be running every day, and that would get very expensive ;).
I will say that with a nice chain he will certainly leave the next saw in the lineup on the ground a good bit more :).
From what I've watched a lot of tree guys cut with a 200t I would think he would be very happy running this with an 18" and pleased with it running a 20".
But if he wants to have a great time have him get one of John's chains and a 14-16" :b1:.
Yes a work chain for sure. Would expect he would maintain his own chains. I pointed him to the thread will see if he's interested in the saw. Good luck with sale!

If I had money to burn I'd get one of these. After watching John's videos I've been wanting to run or own an ECSaws ported saw!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes a work chain for sure. Would expect he would maintain his own chains. I pointed him to the thread will see if he's interested in the saw. Good luck with sale!

If I had money to burn I'd get one of these. After watching John's videos I've been wanting to run or own an ECSaws ported saw!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I got a 2171 Eric did, it's a joy to run for sure! Hope to have him port a couple more some time. By the way that's a dam nice 550! Too bad it wasn't the red version... GLWS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
New lower price,was $650 now $550 plus shipping

Dam,wish it was in the red version! That's a hell of a buy for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EvilRoySlade

What’s my line?
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only thing bad I will say is if a climber buys this and doesn't learn to start it correctly each time it will get thrown. I absolutely love mine but if you make one mistake on restart, it's a bugger to fire on the ground let alone in a tree.

Other than that, this is a darn good deal.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only thing bad I will say is if a climber buys this and doesn't learn to start it correctly each time it will get thrown. I absolutely love mine but if you make one mistake on restart, it's a bugger to fire on the ground let alone in a tree.

Other than that, this is a darn good deal.
What's up neighbor.
This one started very well for me when I ran it.
I never had problems with the one I owned or the 555's I've owned, seems some have though as I have read of people having difficulty with some them, I've just never experienced it.

huskytime

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Got any tips on the restart Roy? I too love my ported 550xp. For my purposes it is my favorite saw. But when I go firewood scavenging I bring 2 saws because enevitably it gets hot and gives me trouble restarting so I have to put it down for a while and run something else... that isn't so bad though, I guess it's an excuse to run/bring/have multi saws, right?

I'm amazed this is still here. I run .325 on mine, 18". I go with 8 pin because I'm not heavy handed and it zips fast. I ran 20" 3/8 when I first got it and it's still fun that way if you don't lean on it.

Good price too, someone buy it already!!!

Bluefish

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
PM sent, drop me a line, my keyboard was acting up on pm. Thanks, Russ