High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Portable mill in Binghamton NY area?

JimAdk

New OPE Member
Local time
6:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hi Folks, I'm new to the site but have been enjoying the topics and conversations for some time. It nice to have technical discussions and humor for most of what I've read!

Anyway I am trying to see if there is anyone in the Binghamton NY area that has a small portable mill? I took several black cherry's down a year ago for my dad, have them up off the ground and would like to get them slabbed up.

If anyone has any info, that would be appreciated. If I don't post back right away I'm not being rude, but maple sugaring season (only a hobby, but it's most expensive free one I've ever had) is kicking off here in the Adirondacks, my son turns 1 tomorrow, and a party is this weekend .....so a few things are going on.

Thanks,
Jim

Big1066ih

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi Folks, I'm new to the site but have been enjoying the topics and conversations for some time. It nice to have technical discussions and humor for most of what I've read!

Anyway I am trying to see if there is anyone in the Binghamton NY area that has a small portable mill? I took several black cherry's down a year ago for my dad, have them up off the ground and would like to get them slabbed up.

If anyone has any info, that would be appreciated. If I don't post back right away I'm not being rude, but maple sugaring season (only a hobby, but it's most expensive free one I've ever had) is kicking off here in the Adirondacks, my son turns 1 tomorrow, and a party is this weekend .....so a few things are going on.

Thanks,
Jim
Welcome. What part of the ADK's?

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Welcome Jim. I'm north of Syracuse and there are some other guys between Syracuse and Utica/Rome. Sorry, can't help you with the portable mill. Have you check craigslist?

JimAdk

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks for the post, I'm hoping for something a bit closer, as they'd be an hour or so away. I'm going to keep them in mind though.

I get to Syracuse once in a while, usually end up at the Dinosaur, Hyde's or Tully's...after the gun show of course. We used to go see the Sky Chiefs play back in the day, which was fun.
Yeah, I was doing just a really quick search. You might want to go talk with some local Amish if there are any running a saw mill. They do cheap work.