Trader history (0)

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you need a carb worked on, Rich is your guy! I had Rich, @Poleman build a carb for my 6421 and modify a 272 coil for it. He did an excellent job and turn around was totally quick. He spelled out what he did and explained thoroughly how to install the modified parts.

I followed some of Rich's builds on AS and decided to contact him after I picked up a really nice, clean 5100S on CL. Rich gave me a few references and wanted me to talk with them. He was very easy to talk with and wanted to make sure that I was getting what I wanted, but since he is a builder, I left all of the fine details up to him. I don't know it all and I am not a porter. Rich sent me pictures throughout of his porting process, before and after compression readings, video clip of how it sounded on the first start up and at what rpm it was turning in the cut. Rich muffler modded and really opened it up, but left it looking stock on the outside. He let me know when the saw arrived and a tracking number to say when to expect it to arrive. His turn around time was quick again. I mailed out the saw April 26th and by May 4th, I had it back at home.

Well let me tell you, the finished product was even better than I had expected. Stock, the saw ran an 18" .325 bar with a lot of authority. 5100s are impressive. Stock it easily bested my stock 026Pro. Ported it is a different animal all together. It starts as easy (cold and hot) and it is more responsive. It also has the power to turn 3/8 chain with authority. I keep a 20" Total Light and Tough on it (3/8 .050 72 either LGX or RS), but I have also run a 24" 3/8 bar on it. This 50cc cuts with a 24" bar well. Power wise, it will turn both the 20" and the 24" better than my stock 036PRO. That is really saying something because my 036 is not a slouch.

Having had this saw ported over a year ago, I have zero complaints about the saw or his work. It starts every time and puts a big smile on my face. Best of all, I still talk to Rich pretty frequently. This experience brought another saw nut into my life. I consider him a buddy and I am glad that we decided to port my Dolmar.