Place to buy chain

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get mine from here. Good service, fast shipping and about any chain you would want
7c859d96dbb3127fa539f622652dc7e8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

A BIG plus one here on this

They ship flat rate for free and unlike a lot of other "free shipping" places they are smart enough to figure out that flat rate to Alaska doesn't cost them any more than flat rate to the next town over

I always appreciate places that don't try to hose me on shipping...

longleaf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
This is the cheapest that I found for a 32" chain. Even after shipping it will probably be at least 10 bucks cheaper per chain.

https://stahlssupplies.com/72EXJ105...aw-chain-38-Pitch-105-DL-050-gauge_p_998.html
This is the cheapest that I found for a 32" chain. Even after shipping it will probably be at least 10 bucks cheaper per chain.

https://stahlssupplies.com/72EXJ105...aw-chain-38-Pitch-105-DL-050-gauge_p_998.html
thanks that narrowed it down quick.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This thread is less than 2 months old and I just wanted to throw out an update

I have no idea why but Frawley's Saw Shop, which is doing internet business as Loggerchain.net, has raised their prices on Oregon chain SUBSTANTIALLY at some point recently

Loops that were $12-$13 dollars a few months back are now $21-$23

I am not seeing the same across the board Oregon price increases at other vendors so I am honestly not sure what this is all about

Even with the free shipping it is now cost prohibitive for ME to buy from them

They were always my go to chain vendor but I found Oregon elsewhere yesterday for $13.50 vs $23 and still with free shipping

I am not trying to hate on them but I have talked them up so much in the past I thought I better throw this out there

Your mileage may vary...

:nusenuse:

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
3:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

ajschainsaws

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
anyone know a good place to buy Oregon chain? I ussually get it at left coast but I’ve been trying the number for a week off and on and haven’t gotten anyone. I ussually call them because their website is so stupid.

Yeah there website is hard work

ajschainsaws

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you want Oregon you better buy now. Prices are increasing again, my rep said they are going up significantly but say exactly how much

The new stock chain has already gone up over here , and stihl chain has become a luxury item rather than a 1st choice

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Ain't that the truth!!!

As much as we all want to have a "brick and mortar" shop around the corner that can support our hobbies, and as much as many of us hate big box stores and fleaBay, the reality is 99% of us probably HAVE TO shop around

I am 63, retired from the state, on a very reduced SS payment because the last 20 years of work my state job had their own retirement system, etc, so yeah, price is a big factor for me

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
10:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am 63, retired from the state, on a very reduced SS payment because the last 20 years of work my state job had their own retirement system, etc, so yeah, price is a big factor for me
I get it. I am known for being 'frugal' (which means that 'value' is important to me, not just the cheapest price. In Maine we called it being 'thrifty').

I don't run through as many chains personally as some pros - if I did I would buy in bulk from places that offer discounts for that.

I have also learned to 'rehab' chains that others discard, or that some of my volunteer groups are really hard on. If you are willing to put some unpaid time into a loop for personal use there are some 'deals' on eBay for 'once used - never sharpened' chains. ***Of course, being eBay, there are also some used loops that sell for more, once shipping is included, than buying new, locally with sales tax included! Caveat emptor!***

There may also be local rental places that put a new loop on with each rental, and sell the old ones cheap. Or busy companies that may work out a 'sharpen-our-chains-and-you-keep-one-and-give-us-one-back' deal. Could pay for a decent grinder, spinner, and breaker pretty quickly (and a retirement hobby)!

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/philbert-meets-the-stihl-rs3.202969/
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/philberts-chain-salvage-challenge.245369/

Philbert

Last edited:

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get it. I am known for being 'frugal' (which means that 'value' is important to me, not just the cheapest price. In Maine we called it being 'thrifty').

I don't run through as many chains personally as some pros - if I did I would buy in bulk from places that offer discounts for that.

I have also learned to 'rehab' chains that others discard, or that some of my volunteer groups are really hard on. If you are willing to put some unpaid time into a loop for personal use there are some 'deals' on eBay for 'once used never sharpened' chains. ***Of course, being eBay, there are also some used loops that sell for more, once shipping is included, than buying new, locally with sales tax included! Caveat emptor!***

There may also be local rental places that put a new loop on with each rental, and sell the old ones cheap. Or busy companies that may work out a 'sharpen-our-chains-and-you-keep-one-and-give-us-one-back' deal. Could pay for a decent grinder, spinner, and breaker pretty quickly (and a retirement hobby)!

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/philbert-meets-the-stihl-rs3.202969/
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/philberts-chain-salvage-challenge.245369/

Philbert

I think we must be a lot alike

My dad was the smartest person I ever met

One of the things he always said was “we are too poor to do it twice, make sure you do it right the first time”

I have always saved my pennies and bought the absolute best I could afford , not necessarily the most expensive, but good enough to last and worth what I paid

Thrifty is a good word for it

stevegodseyjr

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Madsen’s

I just ordered some there the other night. The customer service on the phone is ABSOLUTELY the best you will EVER find!!!! Really helpful and VERY knowledgeable!! The price was a but higher than Stahls but that is ok when you get service like that!! Will DEFINITELY order more from them in the future.

ajschainsaws

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just ordered some there the other night. The customer service on the phone is ABSOLUTELY the best you will EVER find!!!! Really helpful and VERY knowledgeable!! The price was a but higher than Stahls but that is ok when you get service like that!! Will DEFINITELY order more from them in the future.

That’s all you want somebody on the phone pleaseant and polite
Not someone who makes you feel like your an inconvenience for phoning
Them