High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Pipe building theory.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
7:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Dave's piper thread has a few runs with a stock muffler after being built for a pipe.
I pasted two of his videos so it will give you a good idea what difference there is. A larger piece of wood would better exploit the difference.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
That sounds like a blast, I was actually thinking about using something small as my first test dummy. I have a little Stihl ms180 here that the neighbor gave me when he got a new saw. I'm out nothing other than time and steel even if the worst happens.
DoOOn't do it. The con rod is to weak.

2f04142dbff6eeafa390b3eb5a5b3c30.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Work saw :)

eww no. hate that smell

Now here's the deal on little piped micro saws .Some years ago now at a GTG John Lambert,Gypo and Dave Neiger Aka Big Dave showed up with a couple of piped bumble bees .Then we got into racing tiny saws ,it was fun .Before too long most of use had 020 or 200 T's and those dominated that class .It really was a lot of fun .
pics?

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It's your legs, feet and nuts. I'm just sayin'. I been there before, it's scary, trust me. Those stamped rods don't hold up for chit in anything. Point the bottom of the saw away from you.

I use them for work 12"-14" limber ground saw. Muff mod is puuuushing it. They last one season. Two bars, some spurs and they need seals, rings, maybe pistons. There junk and have excessive piston rock.
018 rod always looks scary to me.

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It's your legs, feet and nuts. I'm just sayin'. I been there before, it's scary, trust me. Those stamped rods don't hold up for chit in anything. Point the bottom of the saw away from you.

I use them for work 12"-14" limber ground saw. Muff mod is puuuushing it. They last one season. Two bars, some spurs and they need seals, rings, maybe pistons. There junk and have excessive piston rock.
018 rod always looks scary to me.
I've seen an ms180 rod bent from using rope as a piston stop before on these saws.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
7:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
If an ms180 can do what I've done to one then it can handle running a pipe. Am I going to use it to cut firewood or clear storm debris? Hell no! It's strictly play and racing with easy chew cants.
It shouldn't grenade if it fails because the rod will likely bend enough to lose compression and it'll just fall on its face trying to rev it.
I will be piping my ms180 before too long. I'm gonna make an expansion pipe out of tin soup cans. Nice and light with a good pop to it.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
9:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
so what would be the bare minimum saw to start with? that won't cut your nuts?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
9:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Battle or free time to build or unlimited soup cans

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't have the pics from that GTG .I do have picture of the mini Mac with a slide pipe some place .

Now it runs for a Mini but it isn't all that fast .Fast enough at the time outrun everybody at another GTG which was an assortment of Poulans, Homelites and other 2 cubers .When many of us got 020 and 200t's those would walk away from the mini

It went like this on two cuts of an 8" poplar cant .The mini did it in 22 seconds.A stock 020 or 200 in about 15.Kevin and I were in the 11 second range .His was the fastest stock 200 I ever saw,mine was souped up.He got me by a quarter second,fair and square .This was before you could get 3/8" pico in chisel .Time flies I can't even remember how long ago that was now.

GoBigBlue1984

Bluegrass Fart Knocker...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My first encounter with a pipe was in Key West Florida in 1967 on a Yamaha 250 . Pulling a wheelie and damned if the pipe didn't kick in ,road rash. Some times ya just gotta learn the hard way .

I'd love to hear some of your stories from key west in the late 60's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What about,Captain Tony? I knew him well .I was 19 years old too young to drink in the bars ,Florida law was 21 . Ohio then was 18,3.2 beer .Tony let us guys in the Navy go out on his charter boat for 2 bucks while everybody else paid 5 .Tony figured if any body had the ballz to be in the armed forces he had the right to drink in his bar .So I did .

The entire ceiling of Capt Tonys bar was lined with bras ,pointy ones,padded ones, low cut ones .Key West was a hoot I'll tell you that.Capt Tonys back then was the same place that Sloppy Joes is now .Sloppy Joes was at the dead end part of Duvall Street

My buddy Gary M,RIP and I could fill a wash tub full of Florida spiney lobster free diving in less than one hour .Bush beer was 69 cents a 6 pack .Back then ,straight off the farm I could hold my breath under water for over a minute and free dive,no weights to about 12-15 feet .I'd be lucky to do half that now but it was nearly 50 years ago . I was however a rescue swimmer in the Navy .

Nobody alive then or now could have one drink in every bar on Duvall and walk a straight line .

Funny it should be mention.My lady said something about it just today .Might just mosey on down to Tampa and take the jet express down to the island,we both aren't getting any younger .

GoBigBlue1984

Bluegrass Fart Knocker...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What about,Captain Tony? I knew him well .I was 19 years old too young to drink in the bars ,Florida law was 21 . Ohio then was 18,3.2 beer .Tony let us guys in the Navy go out on his charter boat for 2 bucks while everybody else paid 5 .Tony figured if any body had the ballz to be in the armed forces he had the right to drink in his bar .So I did .

The entire ceiling of Capt Tonys bar was lined with bras ,pointy ones,padded ones, low cut ones .Key West was a hoot I'll tell you that.Capt Tonys back then was the same place that Sloppy Joes is now .Sloppy Joes was at the dead end part of Duvall Street

My buddy Gary M,RIP and I could fill a wash tub full of Florida spiney lobster free diving in less than one hour .Bush beer was 69 cents a 6 pack .Back then ,straight off the farm I could hold my breath under water for over a minute and free dive,no weights to about 12-15 feet .I'd be lucky to do half that now but it was nearly 50 years ago . I was however a rescue swimmer in the Navy .

Nobody alive then or now could have one drink in every bar on Duvall and walk a straight line .

Funny it should be mention.My lady said something about it just today .Might just mosey on down to Tampa and take the jet express down to the island,we both aren't getting any younger .

Captain tony's story is one of legend. It's very cool that you knew him. He claimed for years that lots of sex and a strict diet of pizza kept alive. When I read that you were in key west in the 60's, I thought to myself........now this is a fella that has some great stories. Locals old enough to remember will tell you that key west really wasn't the same after the 60's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk