GHm4Caq.jpg

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So... as most folks know, I work mainly on an estate where we occasionally have college volunteers show up to learn about organic farming, some dairy, and forestry if I am foolish enough to trust them out in the field with me. Here's a batch of applicants we had one winter. When you read these, know that they are filling in this app to volunteer for a working farm and forestry. I was immediately reminded of the scene from Trainspotting where Spud is trying to avoid getting a job...

167381977.z1b3IibY.jpg

167381979.ohQj6uN2.jpg

167381980.OqlP2sVi.jpg

Steve Taylor

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So... as most folks know, I work mainly on an estate where we occasionally have college volunteers show up to learn about organic farming, some dairy, and forestry if I am foolish enough to trust them out in the field with me. Here's a batch of applicants we had one winter. When you read these, know that they are filling in this app to volunteer for a working farm and forestry. I was immediately reminded of the scene from Trainspotting where Spud is trying to avoid getting a job...

167381977.z1b3IibY.jpg

167381979.ohQj6uN2.jpg

167381980.OqlP2sVi.jpg

Wow nice. I am looking for work too. Must pay somewhere in the 6 figure range and not intrude on my nap time.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow nice. I am looking for work too. Must pay somewhere in the 6 figure range and not intrude on my nap time.

Those were Swedish applicants from a prominent HS/area. It's a four page document from each applicant. I often will reject a lot of apps I know just won't work. Still, so we don't just have a bunch of pretty girls running around being worthless, I have to take the estate owner aside and discuss the filtered ones with her most of the time. For some reason, the administrator from this institution either looked at these applicants and said 'Looks legit', or they never even bothered to scan them before sending them to us for a laugh. We weren't impressed either way. I would have been embarrassed to send these applications to another country. "Hey, look at how retarded our people are, including myself. Please let them work on your farm even though they are allergic to it." In any case, they wasted our time. But it was nearly worth the laugh.