Picked up this MS261 and MS200T

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
8:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are both in decent condition the MS261 is a 2017 model with just wood dust on it.. there are no scratches. The 200T is tidy. They both have a spark and compression. But they were both sold as untested. Haven't investigated further. Any gremlins with either of these too look for considering they don't look abused.. any advice would be great. Cheers guys.
60c917f859502c7bb262c7b8a0b064fb.jpg

Last edited:

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Pleased you got yourself a 200T. FFS hang on to this one!! If the engine is leak free, then any running problems 9 times out 10, it's the carb and often this due to the accelerator pump wearing out.

You can check if your's has an acc pump (old carbs, IMO are better, and *dont* have an accelerator), by checking for a soft blank plate on front of the carb, i.e.

img_0057-jpg.434319

Various ways to bodge if the acc pump is f**ked, @Lone Wolf and others can describe them a lot better than me.

If the carb is non acc pump, and it still runs funny then a full carb repair kit, a clean, and a retune should put it right.

Have fun and KEEP IT!!!!

Last edited:

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pleased you got yourself a 200T. FFS hang on to this one!! If the engine is leak free, then any running problems 9 times out 10, it's the carb and often this due to the accelerator pump wearing out.

You can check if your's has an acc pump (old carbs, IMO are better, and *dont* have an accelerator), by checking for a soft blank plate on front of the carb, i.e.

img_0057-jpg.434319

Various ways to bodge if the acc pump is f**ked, @Lone Wolf and others can describe them a lot better than me.

If the carb is non acc pump, and it still runs funny then a full carb repair kit, a clean, and a retune should put it right.

Have fun and KEEP IT!!!!
Hahaha, you make me laugh. Keep it you say.. you have seen my wood pile in pics. I very rarely get any wood smaller than 12" diameter. I really do like the top handles and loved that MS150T with the few mods I did but I just can't find a use for them. Hell my 357xp with a few mods and a 20" bar will not be able to cut the wood I have left.. haha. You will hate me when I say in a week or so that I am once again tophandleless... on the other hand this 261 is way too mint for the £130 I paid. I feel like I mugged the seller.. ideally I would keep them all but I am not made of dollar or UK squids in our case.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are both in decent condition the MS261 is a 2017 model with just wood dust on it.. there are no scratches. The 200T is tidy. They both have a spark and compression. But they were both sold as untested. Haven't investigated further. Any gremlins with either of these too look for considering they don't look abused.. any advice would be great. Cheers guys.
60c917f859502c7bb262c7b8a0b064fb.jpg
Well try to start them up and see what you got. A compression reading would help a bit also .