High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Picked up this ms150tc, its slow to rev up no matter what.. (NOW FIXED)

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Adam's issue looks to be one of pick-up from idle, but surely timing advance will only pay dividends at the higher end of the rev scale?
No I think they pep at at low rpm with the advanced timing and have better throttle response across the bord. The muffler mod seems to bring up the power band and seems to help with fuel efficiency imo on the 150t vs the 2 stock saws we have at work

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
2:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
No I think they pep at at low rpm with the advanced timing and have better throttle response across the bord. The muffler mod seems to bring up the power band and seems to help with fuel efficiency imo on the 150t vs the 2 stock saws we have at work
Fair enough....well hopefully we'll get Adam's lil saw running as sh!t hot as yours in that clip you posted! :)

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK so I took the flywheel off, filed approx 1/3rd off the keyway. Took the muffler off. This saw had been running very rich. A lot of carbon choking that little hole up even more than it should be. I have opened the slot up about 3 times what it was. There was no spark screen. All back and running. No video today but it picks up nicely now. Fattened up the low jet, opened the high jet to Max with the restrictions still in place on the high screw. This time it makes a difference with the timing advance and muffler mod. Well it will cut the length of the bar now (10") which is superb progress. It's cutting nice. I'll try and get a video tomorrow. It is 10x better than it was.

Last edited:

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
OK so I took the flywheel off, filed approx 1/3rd off the keyway. Took the muffler off. This saw had been running very rich. A lot of carbon choking that little hole up even more than it should be. I have opened the slot up about 3 times what it was. There was no spark screen. All back and running. No video today but it picks up nicely now. Fattened up the low jet, opened the high jet to Max with the restrictions still in place on the high screw. This time it makes a difference with the timing advance and mod. Well it will cut the length of the bar now (10") which is superb progress. It's cutting nice. I'll try and get a video tomorrow. It is 10x better than it was.
We'll turn you into a TH junkie yet!

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So I have this little pip squeak of a saw as of today. Starts up fine, has been slow to rev up though. Tried richening up the L screw but it has limiters. Trimmed the limiter and richened it up some more. Still no joy. It's fine when up and running but I thought this little thing would be more snappy on the throttle from idle. I have cleaned the carb, checked the fuel hose and filter. Any ideas???
Did you get ur saw new or used?

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think so. I have read that they are a bugger to tune as they sound like they are 4 stroking when they are just hitting the limiter. I tuned mine to clean up in the cut. Although I think it is a tad rich still as it cleans up in wood around 2" plus..

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think so. I have read that they are a bugger to tune as they sound like they are 4 stroking when they are just hitting the limiter. I tuned mine to clean up in the cut. Although I think it is a tad rich still as it cleans up in wood around 2" plus..
Yeah the clip of Mikes sounds like it's hitting something when he's got no load.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I hate the rev limited coil I'm most saws. But they need to dummy proof engines cause some of us like to piss rev like the oh26