High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Picked up this ms150tc, its slow to rev up no matter what.. (NOW FIXED)

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
11:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I have this little pip squeak of a saw as of today. Starts up fine, has been slow to rev up though. Tried richening up the L screw but it has limiters. Trimmed the limiter and richened it up some more. Still no joy. It's fine when up and running but I thought this little thing would be more snappy on the throttle from idle. I have cleaned the carb, checked the fuel hose and filter. Any ideas???

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
So I have this little pip squeak of a saw as of today. Starts up fine, has been slow to rev up though. Tried richening up the L screw but it has limiters. Trimmed the limiter and richened it up some more. Still no joy. It's fine when up and running but I thought this little thing would be more snappy on the throttle from idle. I have cleaned the carb, checked the fuel hose and filter. Any ideas???
Yeah that saw has major potential hidden in it. Youl need to muffler mod it and ditch the spark screen. A timing bump of 3 to 5 degrees and drill the pin out of the carb on the high needle once it has timing bump and muffler mod it may need to to be leaned out on the high needle. My Lil saw can run full bar in silver maple no problem and pulls through 10 inch and under no problem. After mods your saw might be more fuel efficient once it's broke in

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah that saw has major potential hidden in it. Youl need to muffler mod it and ditch the spark screen. A timing bump of 3 to 5 degrees and drill the pin out of the carb on the high needle once it has timing bump and muffler mod it may need to to be leaned out on the high needle. My Lil saw can run full bar in silver maple no problem and pulls through 10 inch and under no problem. After mods your saw might be more fuel efficient once it's broke in
This wasn't broke in yet in this vid.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
And 1 other suggestion that I find very helpful with thus saw is a discharge slot in the clutch cover. These saw throw chips out the top front and bottom rear and seam to pack the clutch cover full of fines and oil that really put some load on the saw after about 4 tanks and clutch stalls easier when when debris gets packed in the clutch. The slot will allow a good chunk of the *s-word to discharge out of the clutch cover and improves the saws ability to make heavy cuts20170528_113358.jpg my echo has a big cut out so I did the same in a smaller scale and it's seams to help

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Advance the timing.

So are you saying that bog standard this saw will be slow of the throttle? Yep will probs muffler mod this little thing. Might try to advance the timing when I get a chance.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So are you saying that bog standard this saw will be slow of the throttle? Yep will probs muffler mod this little thing. Might try to advance the timing when I get a chance.
Just muffler mod it and timing advance asap and maybe drill the pin on the carb for high needle and be done with it. It won't bog or be slow. Youl be able to push on the saw and it will run cooler and be more fuel efficient 20170424_143243.jpg the small slot under the screen an be ground out to the full width dot think it will be too big cause your exhaust deflector will be the restriction for your exhaust. I like my saw a bit louder cause the guys on the ground kow when *s-word is coming down when you got other equipment running. Note to self. A stalling saw is not a safe saw for a climber. And *f-word the EPA standards

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just muffler mod it and timing advance asap and maybe drill the pin on the carb for high needle and be done with it. It won't bog or be slow. Youl be able to push on the saw and it will run cooler and be more fuel efficient View attachment 71870 the small slot under the screen an be ground out to the full width dot think it will be too big cause your exhaust deflector will be the restriction for your exhaust. I like my saw a bit louder cause the guys on the ground kow when *s-word is coming down when you got other equipment running. Note to self. A stalling saw is not a safe saw for a climber. And *f-word the EPA standards

OK I will muffler mod it tomorrow. I havn't got a degree wheel made up at the moment. So I will put the advance on hold. Unless you have an approx amount to file off the flywheel key? I did notice that the muffler outlet is around the size of the pencil tip.. it is soo light though!!!

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
OK I will muffler mod it tomorrow. I havn't got a degree wheel made up at the moment. So I will put the advance on hold. Unless you have an approx amount to file off the flywheel key? I did notice that the muffler outlet is around the size of the pencil tip.. it is soo light though!!!
That's the beauty of the saw. Light weight small and great if your out on a limb. My boss bought 2 150t saws and both are Bo e stock. I asked if I could mod or or at least drill the pin to richening it up he said no. So I bought mine and modded the thing before I even fueled it up and dyed my covers cause I like orange and to set it apart from others. It will hang pretty good with a re tuned stock 192t

KenJax Tree

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
6:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
They're decent saws. I hate the itty bitty *s-wordty chain they use though. We have a couple at work, but i still prefer using my MM and TA 192T for trimming. It doesn't have the same build quality as the 150T but its half the price and will eat a 150. If i need a smaller saw than a 192 i'll use my Silky.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
A muffler mod and timing advance will make you very happy.

I'm wondering if the fully adjustable C1Q from a 190t will be interchangeable if you swap out the shafts.
The carb on mine is fully adjustable compensator carb. Once the pin is drilled out you can fully remove the high jet

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
They're decent saws. I hate the itty bitty *s-wordty chain they use though. We have a couple at work, but i still prefer using my MM and TA 192T for trimming. It doesn't have the same build quality as the 150T but its half the price and will eat a 150. If i need a smaller saw than a 192 i'll use my Silky.
Id say build quality is the same as a 192. Plastic tank case remote choke similar style muffler not the big underbelly like the 201 and 200. I have my 360t chit ripper for big stuff and my modded 150t that is night n day difference from stock. Cutting bigger wood using directional notch n back cut is definitely different with a pointed bar vs the standard paralleL 200t bar. But I've grown a liking for my 150t il never use a stock 150 again

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So this is what I mean by it is slow off the throttle..