High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

PayPal Purchase Protection, How Much?

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
4:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how much the purchase protection is through paypal? I cant find the info and I'm working on a deal from FB.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think I found that its 2.9% fee to the seller plus $0.30 flat fee for USD. The flat fee changes if the currency changes... can anyone confirm the 2.9%?

Also, I'm reading the protection details and wondering if I'm even protected if I'm buying a saw from a private individual and it doesn't show up..?

Payment Method Rights and Remedies
PayPal Purchase Protection
PayPal Purchase Protection (also known as PayPal Buyer Protection) applies for certain, qualifying purchases regardless of the payment method. For these qualifying purchases, PayPal will cover you for the full amount of the item plus original shipping costs if you do not receive the item or if you receive an item but it is significantly different than the description the seller provided. To receive reimbursement for items that are significantly not as described, you will be required to return the item to the seller, or in some cases to PayPal, and to pay the return shipping costs. PayPal Purchase Protection is not available for personal payments and other ineligible purchases.

The last sentence has me wondering if it's an eligible purchase... thoughts?

As you can tell, I've only ever used family and friends because I buy from trustworthy people on this site but, there a Dolmar calling my name.

Need2Saw

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I read that as, personal payments = friends and family with zero feee
Good and services should be covered and have the fee

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
3:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So Wade did you do it? Get it all figured out? If nothing else have him send you an invoice through Paypal and you should be protected.

I tell people on Facebook that I haven't dealt with an extra 4% if they want protection .

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yes, I made a call to paypal and they told me any purchase (from private party or commerce) will be protected if the item is not delivered or is not as described. He said get screen shots of the item being purchased and any/all conversations. If no tracking number is provided or if the item does not arrive then you are covered. I believe the time frame is like 20 days from purchase to dispute it.

The fee is 2.9% of the sale plus a flat fee of $0.30. The flat fee varies with the type of currency being used.

I purchased a Dolmar 7900 that looks like it good straight gassed. I hope it can be cleaned up and ran. I want to make a habada habada with it.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In the second post you mentioned ineligible purchases. Just thinking out loud here, but my guess would be that an ineligible purchase would be something illegal or otherwise illicit. Obviously they wouldn't want to cover that type of usage, but I wouldn't see why used tools or power equipment wouldn't be covered.