High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Partner Chain Saw Thread

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Picked up a decent looking S55 at the gtg. What's my options with this saw cylinder wise. Cylinder on it is good but just wondering what the best cylinder for this chassis is.

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Picked up a decent looking S55 at the gtg. What's my options with this saw cylinder wise. Cylinder on it is good but just wondering what the best cylinder for this chassis is.

Those share the same chassis all the way up through the p7000's I believe.
Lots of 4 cube stuff (s65, etc) out there if availability becomes an issue...

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Those share the same chassis all the way up through the p7000's I believe.
Lots of 4 cube stuff (s65, etc) out there if availability becomes an issue...
I'd like to build it as a play saw

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They were popular for four cube racing but eventually saws like the 365 special put an end to that.

It would be a fun saw to build, everyone expects a 365 to be fast but humiliating newer saws with an old yellow toaster could be rewarding, lol.
I have probably ten saws on this platform and have been threatening to build one up since I started on these forums, just too many others ahead in line.

Randy built a pretty zippy looking one a while back, you've got a good connection there...

One confusing thing is what cylinder to build off of.
There were a number of different cylinder port configurations in the s65/420 family, I've seen at least 5 and have no idea what the best ones are.
Some have bridged intakes and/or exhausts, the exhausts may have 0, 1 or 2 bridges. Then there's the different combustion chambers, timing and transfers.

Going back maybe 5 yrs on AS there was a guy really into it and had posted a lot of info on different cylinders, performance wise, if you want to do some digging...

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
They were popular for four cube racing but eventually saws like the 365 special put an end to that.

It would be a fun saw to build, everyone expects a 365 to be fast but humiliating newer saws with an old yellow toaster could be rewarding, lol.
I have probably ten saws on this platform and have been threatening to build one up since I started on these forums, just too many others ahead in line.

Randy built a pretty zippy looking one a while back, you've got a good connection there...

One confusing thing is what cylinder to build off of.
There were a number of different cylinder port configurations in the s65/420 family, I've seen at least 5 and have no idea what the best ones are.
Some have bridged intakes and/or exhausts, the exhausts may have 0, 1 or 2 bridges. Then there's the different combustion chambers, timing and transfers.

Going back maybe 5 yrs on AS there was a guy really into it and had posted a lot of info on different cylinders, performance wise, if you want to do some digging...
Thank you for the good info. Not worried about winning races, just something fast

ranchdadmike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
New to me P-85. Any idea where I can get an air filter setup...or does any one have s pic of what it looks like? I’d appreciate any info actually
901e3175e4fa77835db8496c092026df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
P85, P100, And Mcculloch PM1000 should all be the same. There's a couple on ebay.
I snagged a couple of P85 parts off of flea bay for the restoration of a P100 super that seems to be a long drawn out process . These seem to me these saws are rather rare to find parts for and if and when they bring a premium has been my observation .For me it's a learning process as I've never owned nor worked on any Partner equipment ever before the two P100's I now own .

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
6:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a few Al but never really had to much to them. I do have a R440
I rebuilt a few years ago. It is a 100cc saw as it predates the P100. The
P85's you don't seem to find very often. Guess folks would jump for the
extra 15cc and buy a P100.

ranchdadmike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well if any of you guys are interested in the P85 I posted earlier for parts, I can assure you it’s available (and not at a premium).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So on the subject of Partner and the p100 in general I find myself in a quandry about parts .The piston rings I can find,no problem .Now the crankcase seals and bearings are another thing .If the things are the same as a K1200 concrete saw which I assume ,the bearings can be obtained .However using Partner parts numbers the seals are odd balls .If they pop up on e-bay they want a danged fortune for them and I'm not going to pony up the money out of sheer bull headedness .Using the McCulloch PM 1000 numbers I have been able to cross them with CR seals but these too are of low usage and therefore rather costly .
I suppose if worse becomes worse once I take the crankcase apart I can measure the seals and determine the lip code etc and go from there .All this unless some kind soul who has traveled this road before and has this all figured up and speaks up .

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I remember when rebuilding the R440 I was able to get the seals and bearing from
a bearing supplier not far from me. I give them measurements and away we go.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well just goes to show that restoring something rather rare or old is not for everybody .I've traveled this road before on old tractors, Indian motorcycles etc .Lot of dead end roads on those trips so to speak

Hoggwood

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a set of seals for a 440 out in the shop somewhere. As well, I have some numbers that another member provided. They are standard metric seals.

I'll dig out the seals/numbers and measure/post them.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Took the time to cross reference these seals using McCulloch parts numbers .Partner was a wash .From what I gleaned one seal is CR number 8552 --22-40-6.3 .The other is CR number 5805-5806 --15-26-7.Prices for same are all over the board via the internet it seems .It also seems some flea bay items while using these numbers aren't the correct size .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So the saga continues .Another piece ,NOS fuel cap using Partner stock numbers,flea bay,5 bucks .This restoration of the P100 has been more challenging than every one I've ever done .Kind of reminds me of the search for Indian motorcycle parts some nearly 50 years .Story of my life .What the hey if it were easy anybody could do it .