High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Partner Chain Saw Thread

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
4:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
It happened that large costumers (typically government agencies or "private labels") ordered their saws in a special color, and the cover could of course originally have been meant for such an order.

Also, there were blue versions of some (not special order) Jonsereds models, at least some years earlier, and I don't know when that really stopped - for all I know it could have included the 1020 (but I have never seen a picture of a blue one). Part of this were the Elfwing Jonsereds saws, sold in Finland - but it wasn't only about those.
Blue paint may have may have been moved from the Jonsereds factory to the Partner factory when saw production was moved in 1979.

Last edited:

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got the cylinder off that thing .Had to use the old grease gun trick ,hydraulic pressure ya know .Cylinder and piston are fine,needs rings of course,mains are bad .

At first glance I can see many ways of improvement .For a saw of this displacement it has a small exhaust port,the transfers could stand work also .After looking at this thing I can see why there is no way in stock form it could run with a 2100 Husky .

First is making it run then the improvements .

Ikeholt

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've wondered if the Husky 2100 jug would bolt on to the P100. Have you got one to compare it to Al? Seems like they have the same stroke, but I'm not sure.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes I have a complete 2100 Husqvarna .No spare cylinder for same though.Those plus the 999 Oleo Mac if I'm not mistaken share the same bore and stroke.

When I get all the parts together to get this one running I'll take some pics of the ports plus those of the 2100 to compare .

I think I've found bearings because if my info is correct it's the same engine as the K1200 Partner concrete saw . A little at a time ,I'm not in a rush to get it done .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh say as luck would have it the other week I chanced upon 4 NOS filters for that thing .Cheap as dirt .Right place,right time .One bearing as I've found out is the common for say a 281/272 Husqvarna .The other I'm not sure of .Might be 3120 clutch side .What ever it is a tad more money
For reasons unknown I can't cross reference Husky seals .I tried several years ago for Mike Rupley for a 3120 .I don't think they are OEM like lot of Stihl .I have the seal master interchange book too which is what surprises me .

Ikeholt

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's been awhile since you've given us a P100 update Al. What's happening with the old gal? You got me motivated to tear one of mine down. I just put the jug back on. It's had some port work, base gasket delete and a slight timing advance. I found an old style jug with no q-port. I'm hoping it will be a strong runner.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just haven't had time to do anything but get the cylinder off .

It goes like this ,knock the center out of a spark plug .I used a long reach Ford which I cut the threads short.Grind the crimp off right next to the hex . Tap it out for 1/4" standard pipe thread .
Then either use a 1/4" pipe grease jerk or like I a 1/4" to 1/8" reducer with a 1/8" pipe thread zert .

Unbolt the cylinder and jack the cylinder off the piston with a grease gun .A grease gun puts out around 5000 Psi .If you don't unbolt the cylinder and the saw engine is hung by the bearings you could break the cylinder right off the flanges on the base .

Ikeholt

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow, sounds like it was stuck pretty good. I noticed that I have an extra clutch cover if you are still looking for one.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Once I get into it and figure out what it needs I may or may not fully restore this one. I've done several saws but not for a long time .It's kind of fun to make them look like a new,doesn't make them run any better though .Scot at chainsawr has the decals for the P100 super .
The challenge for me is the fact this saw and the other which is in McCulloch SP 1000 clothing are the only two Partners I've ever worked on. McCullochs and Stihls I've done many .I can damn near disassemble a 10 series Mac with my eyes closed . It's going to be interesting .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just looked at that cylinder and it does have a Q port .It's an odd one though,almost reminds me of a boost port .It's not as pronounced as say the style on some of the 82 cc McCulloch engines .It would relieve some of the compression on starting .If a Q hinders performance or not I really can't say .

I don't know what Adam Clark did to the one he souped up for Wojo but it was about like rope starting a Harley .

Ikeholt

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad it's coming together. Where's this Adam Clark? Maybe he can give us some pointers.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Adam is on another site .He owns McPherson tree service some place in California and is a pretty savvy engine builder .He's the one who gave me my first Stihl 200T that I enhanced a little bit .A few years back he flew into Ohio and was at Chardon where a few of us ran in the saw races .
I already have some ideas and when it gets close to being reassembled I'll get a hold of him .My idea is not to make a cookie cutter out of it,more so a torquer .It might not need much of anything

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think they might need a little more on the exhaust because to me for 56 MM it looks kind of small .Carb seems to be large enough .Maybe sweep the upper transfers a little .
The other one I have is McCulloch SP 1000 branded .I think a set of piston rings are in order,haven't had the cylinder off .At any rate at nearly 100 cc saw should be able to pull a 32" bar buried with no problem but it won't so something needs looked into .
It's likely to be the end of this summer before I get things done,no time,busy .Look for parts kind of thing.port map ,annalize ,scratch my head .I'm kind of laid back any more ,don't get real excited to be in a rush like I was when my beard was coal black instead of looking like a skinny Santa Claus .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did some research and if I'm correct it's basically the same engine as a K1200 rail saw .If that is correct the Husqvarna parts numbers for the bearings and seals would be accurate .I'm not 100 percent certain though because I'm not a Partner expert and certainly not a Husqvarna expert.From what I gather the mains are 503250002 and 503252201. seals 505275715 and 505275700 .

I got the Partner numbers from an IPL off Chainsawr but had no luck finding those numbers .A check with my interchange book produced nothing with either numbers .That's no surprise because I've never had any luck finding Husky seals by a cross reference .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
FWIW if you use the McCulloch bar plates you can use 10 series Mac bars .If you use Husqvarna 2100 bar plates Husky bars will work .I've got both for my running McCulloch SP 1000

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Any info on what the differences are in the super and regular p100?