Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
2:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMO it's hard to just look at any one thing when talking about porting a saw. Everything has to work together. It's a balancing act. To much of one thing or not enough of another and you will be disappointed. I believe that the transfers really are where 50% of the magic comes from.
I have a hard time explaining what I look for when I'm digging around in a transfer port. I want the flow and direction to be optimal without losing velocity. Every transfer port in every cylinder is different no matter the manufacturer or brand.
It's what can make or break you when porting.
On average I bet I spend 4-5 hrs just grinding on a cylinder and over half that time is just in the transfers. It's easy to take out material but once it's gone it's a lot harder to put back.

Again this is just my $.02

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMO it's hard to just look at any one thing when talking about porting a saw. Everything has to work together. It's a balancing act. To much of one thing or not enough of another and you will be disappointed. I believe that the transfers really are where 50% of the magic comes from.
I have a hard time explaining what I look for when I'm digging around in a transfer port. I want the flow and direction to be optimal without losing velocity. Every transfer port in every cylinder is different no matter the manufacturer or brand.
It's what can make or break you when porting.
On average I bet I spend 4-5 hrs just grinding on a cylinder and over half that time is just in the transfers. It's easy to take out material but once it's gone it's a lot harder to put back.

Again this is just my $.02
Agreed

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There are so many more variations on transfers than any other aspect of porting, to me anyway. It seems as they are where a better part of the power is made.

I believe the main reason my hybrid is a good runner is because of the way the trans were shaped and timed stock. They were perfect, when you find that certain cylinder that you just know it is gunna snort.... don't mess it up cuz they are hard to come by.