Pa 2017 deer gun season opener.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see your friend is a Ruger 77 fan. What caliber? I thought of getting one in .257 Roberts but found it was alot cheaper and probably more accurate to have my .30'06 rebarelled. Nice rifles though.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I see your friend is a Ruger 77 fan. What caliber? I thought of getting one in .257 Roberts but found it was alot cheaper and probably more accurate to have my .30'06 rebarelled. Nice rifles though.
I'd have to ask.

sgrizz

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On Monday morning on state game lands I saw a 4ptr go by 60 yds but couldn't see a 3rd point on either side to make it legal to take . It was a small rack buck . But around 1100 I had a doe go bye and harvested it . I would love to post a picture but don't know how to get it off my phone on to the computer .
love the pictures of the deer that you guys have posted this year! Was out this morning but didn't see any deer in the woods . Archery hunting around the house tonite.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those 77's are very nice rifles. I think accuracy problems on some early ones and the lack of any cheap versions kept it from selling as many as it could have. I always admired how Ruger kept chambering it in obscure and/or old school cartridges like .284 WCF, .350 Remington mag, and of course the 7x57 and it's progeny the .257 Roberts and 6mm Remington. I'd say that was Bill's idea.

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On Monday morning on state game lands I saw a 4ptr go by 60 yds but couldn't see a 3rd point on either side to make it legal to take . It was a small rack buck . But around 1100 I had a doe go bye and harvested it . I would love to post a picture but don't know how to get it off my phone on to the computer .
love the pictures of the deer that you guys have posted this year! Was out this morning but didn't see any deer in the woods . Archery hunting around the house tonite.
lots of 4 pointers around this year. iv'e seen no less than 6 different ones this year. grunted one in yesterday to within 20 yards of my stand.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I could have taken a dozen or so little ones already if I needed them to eat. The big ones are unusually wary this year. Got the second muzzleloader season coming up in two weeks, maybe they will have settled down by then.

coryj

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I grew up in western PA and still went back to hunt deer a few years after moving to Virginia. I haven't hunted deer there in about 7 years though. I think next year I'll go back for the first week.

Nothing compares to the first day of deer season in PA! Heck, it's a holiday for most of the schools in the area I grew up in.