Our Bandit 250xp in action winching some maple

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Am I seeing correctly that the chain drive on the lower right of the pic seems to have a really loose chain?

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Two lower rollers for the quad feed and the cover is missing. We were gonna remove a link it is loose. Just hadn't gotten around to it. That is how we got the machine. Bought from the original owner who bought it brand new. They didn't take care of it too well done a bunch to it already. Thing is an animal enjoy running it!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Cat Face-Timber

How do you like my Chicken"s Eye?
Local time
7:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
What do you do with the "chips"?

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just had a friend over yesterday and his yard is used as a dump for a tree service. They drop chip loads and also the large wood butt logs that are all knotty and don't make easy firewood.
He said he doesn't burn much of the wood anymore because he has found that the chips burn great in his woodstove. He just scrapes off a couple five gallon pails of them off the top that are dry and makes his fires with that. I'd never heard of anyone burning them before. Said he can even hold a fire overnight with them. Go figure.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What do you do with the "chips"?
There is a wood processor in methuen we know who takes the chips and I think they sell in bulk for fuel. Costs us zero we just dump clean chips they take it from there. They tub grind clean wood people dont want too. Sometimes I use them instead of mulch along my driveway... Some people want the chips for their projects.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see there's a subforum now for splitters.
I wonder if there ought to be one for chippers and move this thread there?

No biggie -- most guys are into chainsaws and that's what the site is primarily for.
Love runnin saws, but feeding a chipper is great therapy doing weekend tree work... I'm a desk jockey during the week.