Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
have an opportunity to pick up a runner 076.
A few issues though.... starter cover screw holes are stripped out in the case. Person tried repairing with jb-weld...and tried installing a bolt in another hole, to which he could not get a nut on the bolt.
Top cover is missing as well, with a unifilter setup on it.

Any idea of a decent price to pick it up for...had him at 250
And possibility of fixing the case holes?? I imagine I'd need to get them welded and re-tapped.

redoakneck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Check piston and cylinder for scoring??? Those are big beasts!!!

Did you get a chance to cut with it??

BrokenSVT

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sometimes you gotta just walk away. What it's really worth would be too much of an insulting offer to him.

I have to agree. I've had some remorse over walking away from desirable saws in less-than desirable condition; but usually another comes along in much better shape, usually sooner than expected.

Sometimes you've just gotta realize that too much is too much, even if the seller feels their price is justified for one reason or another.

bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I happen to like the 1111 saws, myself. Have a few 075's and an 076. Problem I find is that these were generally rode hard and put up wet. Not often you find a pristine one that's been collecting dust in someone's garage for the past few decades.

I try to pick up complete non-running saws for $100 or less if I can, and figure it will take a few parts saws to get a good runner. You can also find jugs and pistons and cases from used concrete saws. Having said that, the later model TS760's don't have oiler provisions, so the cases aren't usable for a regular saw without some machine work.

Of course, you can also pick up an 051 and put 111 cc top end on it, too.

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do have an 075, 050, and an 051. The saw is a good runner, just wasn’t sure how problematic the case bolts would be. Not afraid of a little project...but figured at $250, this wasn’t worth it, as I’d probably have to do a full tear down, find someone that could weld, and re-tap the case for me.

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I've got some good jugs currently on eBay UK as part of a job lot, but if you want one I can end the listing and "remove" one

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've only seen two of those big saws in my life .A gent who went by the name of "computer user " from up near Detroit had one that did well .Brad Snelling had one with a restoration which also was impressive ,that one had a little bit of "enhancement" .I ran both of them .

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He wanted to make a trade...and I did end up walking. You guys have pretty well confirmed my original though.
Seems they were notorious for coming apart. I've run a few off and on for years. Like running a hack hammer. One saw I'm not to in love with.