Opinions on Tecomec Compact grinder, or any other "cheap" ( sub. $200) grinder

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do plan on getting a 3/16" diamond/ CBN wheel once I get my skills dialed in.

CBN for regular chain and diamond for carbide chain. They don't intermix well. The diamond wheels plug up with the plane steel and the cbn isn't tough enough for carbide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It came with 3 pink Tecomec branded wheels ( 1/8", 3/16", and a 15/64" for rakers). I do plan on getting a 3/16" diamond/ CBN wheel once I get my skills dialed in.

I put the first chain on the 064, filed the rakers and made a few test cuts....me likey. Just have to see how it holds up.
Have you cut much with the chain, just wondering how she held up fornyou...

One of my best buds brought me a a chain that he needed sharpened....i took my time and ground if for him, evened up cutters, adjusted takers, cleaned gullets, etc...

He text me the other day and said hey man thanks for sharpening my chain, damn thing cuts like new, lol....

Luckily we have a very tight group of friends that help each other out in anyway possible, but man if I would have had to get that damn chain back In shape with a file it would have sucked...of course with the grinder, a few adjustments and passes later, presto chain that cuts like a new one...

jk14

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you cut much with the chain, just wondering how she held up fornyou...

One of my best buds brought me a a chain that he needed sharpened....i took my time and ground if for him, evened up cutters, adjusted takers, cleaned gullets, etc...

He text me the other day and said hey man thanks for sharpening my chain, damn thing cuts like new, lol....

Luckily we have a very tight group of friends that help each other out in anyway possible, but man if I would have had to get that damn chain back In shape with a file it would have sucked...of course with the grinder, a few adjustments and passes later, presto chain that cuts like a new one...

That's awesome.

Nah I haven't had time to do much cutting with it other than a few test cuts. My chain was also pretty banged up and would've been hell to get back to sharp with a file. I'm certainly happy with the decision to buy this grinder.