High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Opinion/Advice on Husky 66

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hey gents, as the title implies, I am lookingfor an honest opinion. I am extremely noob when it comes to buying/selling saws and am on the fence on one. I have a line on a Husky 66 that a guy is currently tryin to sell for a hundred bucks.

Saw is not running, he claims it has no spark. It looks clean, b&c are likely marginal in my opinion. Of course if I go take a look I'll run a compression test, yank the muffler, and take a gander at the piston and cylinder.

Done some research on the old girls and see that the large ignition module (up to 100 bucks) and/or wiring between the large and small modules are the likely culprits if it's not something simple like a bad plug or safety switch.

I guess my question is, if i can snag it for a 75 to a benjy, am I in decent territory with it?

I'm lookin to fix it, run it for occasional firewood, then maybe sell it when the next shiny object comes into my field of view.....unless the CAD medicine don't work. lol

Thanks in advance to those who respond.

KYsawman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
They are a very good saw, open port cylinder same as the 268. The 66 was built in Yugoslavia. It is the same family as 61,266,268,272. It is easy to upgrade to the 272 jug and slug. The ignition is available aftermarket. It is definitely worth a Benjamin if in good condition. If you don’t want it sent it to me. Lol!

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Got it. Firm at 100. In good shape, needs cleaned badly tho. Piston and cylinder were clean. Pull cord was stickin during comp test so when she hit 150 I called it good. Thank you gents,

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey gents, as the title implies, I am lookingfor an honest opinion. I am extremely noob when it comes to buying/selling saws and am on the fence on one. I have a line on a Husky 66 that a guy is currently tryin to sell for a hundred bucks.

Saw is not running, he claims it has no spark. It looks clean, b&c are likely marginal in my opinion. Of course if I go take a look I'll run a compression test, yank the muffler, and take a gander at the piston and cylinder.

Done some research on the old girls and see that the large ignition module (up to 100 bucks) and/or wiring between the large and small modules are the likely culprits if it's not something simple like a bad plug or safety switch.

I guess my question is, if i can snag it for a 75 to a benjy, am I in decent territory with it?

I'm lookin to fix it, run it for occasional firewood, then maybe sell it when the next shiny object comes into my field of view.....unless the CAD medicine don't work. lol

Thanks in advance to those who respond.
Great saws cake to work on
Post pics when you can.

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Will get pics up soon. This feels a little like a condolence prize tho.....I was a few hours too late on a good lookin, runnin, oilin, cutting CS-590 Timberwolf for.....drum roll please.......$80. :BangHead:

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
1:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Will get pics up soon. This feels a little like a condolence prize tho.....I was a few hours too late on a good lookin, runnin, oilin, cutting CS-590 Timberwolf for.....drum roll please.......$80. :BangHead:

This 66 is better.
  1. Replacement parts are way cheaper than Echo.
  2. No fear of bleeding to death
  3. Way more sack than that Echo
  4. Standard D009 mount will make life easier.
  5. Already has more CCs with the option of more
I'd say you made out damn good.

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This 66 is better.
  1. Replacement parts are way cheaper than Echo.
  2. No fear of bleeding to death
  3. Way more sack than that Echo
  4. Standard D009 mount will make life easier.
  5. Already has more CCs with the option of more
I'd say you made out damn good.

I am not disappointed in the Husky....so far. Just gotta find time to get her up and runnin.

Maybe I'm just a greedy m-fer, but I wanted both! lol :roto2nuse:

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag