Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
7:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With the recent storms rocking Texas and Florida, I was thinking maybe we could get a raffle or something going for our members directly affected by the carnage. Would need volunteer/s to run whatever is come up with properly and distribute fairly. Just laying the idea out here for you more experienced guys to pick up the ball and run with it. I'll try and come up with something good to donate if we can get this started is about all I can promise. So what do you think guys?

Motorhead

Cantre Member
Local time
8:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Cracker Boy and @Motorhead how are you and any other members from the Florida storm making out?

@riverrat2 same thing how are you or any other members from the Texas Hurricane doing?
We were very fortunate.Light wind damage,No flooding in our area.we still have power,The only inconvenience is no T V.The hurricane took an easterly turn just before it got to the Tampa Bay Area,Saved our asses.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We're in central Georgia. Got a lot of wind and rain but suffered no damage to speak of. We battened down pretty well before it hit. There was lots of notice on Irma. We are still without electric power though. But on the other hand we have a generator so we're fine. I've checked on 5 of our 6 rental properties and those were fine. Haven't been to the 6th one or the hunting camp yet.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@Cracker Boy and @Motorhead how are you and any other members from the Florida storm making out?

@riverrat2 same thing how are you or any other members from the Texas Hurricane doing?
Thanks for asking just got power back tonight ive been burnin 14 gal gas aday hoarded up in my master with a waindow shaker sick of sandwiches and burgersbeans and dogs.wed still be out if it wasnt for my neigbor who saw problem day after storm it was blown fuses he brought them home stopped a duke energy guy and asked him to dollow him.it was a 10 min fix and they were gonna make us wait till sun.duke is really doin people crappy on west coast.there holding up pike and seco

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Im not complaining we could have been lot worse.thank god for good neighbors.just been real hard on wife as i cant to go out at night and fuel and atart generator.as i have been injured.and in a chair with injuries was worried about her saftey.with looters in this crisis

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanx for asking guys.im ok now i only wished i could cut up 4 big oaks and a palm that blew over at my moms ee lost dad to cancer 1 and a half years ago as i cant from a work injury with a torn rotator cuff and a broken leg.2 are leaning into each other.shes on a budget.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Oak you say? I say there must be some firewood peeps or some guys into milling. Lot less material to move if you have a guy who can keep your chains out of the dirt to buck them.

The leaners can wait for you to mill them later. You'll need the exercise.

ffchewy17

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I so worked 28 hours straight today brought the storm... we had a four hour block where we were not answering calls due to wind speed and power lines coming down. Orange County had one rescue trapped for two hours by falling power lines, we ran an extrication on a rescue that wrecked with a trauma alert in the back running code.

Tons of cars and houses crushed by trees. Downtown Orlando has a huge amount of old live oaks that are surrounded by houses/streeets/sidewalks. From 0500 9/11 we were doing road clearing with saws so that we had access to our first due. Still about 45% of the trees are down and blocking some road access.

Had an apartment fire at 2200 on 9/10 due to power lines falling on a two story garden apartment ..... first time I've fought a fire in 60 mph winds and rain in 16years.

Pine hills area flooded with 6ft of water, OCFD/OFD deployed multiple boats for rescues.

OPD SWAT had a stand off with multiple looters at the Mall of Millenia Academy Sports... they initially came out with long guns and I thought they where going down in a blaze of glory, but they surrendered when the winds started getting bad and got scared .

We have had an additional 5 units in service everyday to help handle the call load. People doing stupid stuff, touching power lines, falling of ladders, getting cut with there brand new saws and had 4 dead in house from running there generator in the house.

Most guys on my crew still don't have power, FPL and Duke are saying they should have all power restored to the east coast by the 17th. The Lineman are doing an amazing job, can't thank them enough for there hard work.

I have about 20 large oaks on my property,none came down. Did loose part of my pool enclosure due to a limb crushing the support.... have massive amounts of yard debris , all the way up to 6" dia limbs. Got power back on Tuesday.

I have tree removal jobs lined up for the next 5-days I'm off. Some *a-holes are really trying to price gouge the people in Central Florida. I followed up a quote for (3) standing yellow pine removals , not near the house, that a unlicensed crew stated $6000.00 to drop and no removal.