One case tool to rule them all!

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
9:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Okay so I finally talked to the lady at the Hartford Postal Service customer service office and somehow the package got damaged between Springfield and Hartford so the assumption is that whatever pieces were in the package have now traveled to Atlanta God only knows why they would ship all of that stuff to Atlanta but they will be doing some type of inquiry for me to see if they can find it

According to what I've learned they send stuff "lost in the mail" there and then auction it off on line. May want to look into it. It could be you may find them at a bargain :(

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a saw sent to the facility in Atlanta once. The guy I bought it from shipped it full of oil and gas, and it was sent to Atlanta as hazardous materials since the box leaked and smelled like gas. I did all the paperwork and waited for quite some time without hearing anything. All of a sudden, one day after about 3 weeks, the box showed up on my door. Still soaked and smelling like gas, with the saw in it. I have no idea how that happened, but it shows there is still hope.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Amazing. .... and interesting.

Yeah, I can't imagine there are more than 1k people on the planet that actually know how to use those pieces of rod. ...to everyone else they are nearly useless and worthless scrap.

We shall see if I hear anything.

My brother has informed me he has new belt material for the lathe... gonna try something new in that regards. Wish us luck lol. Hopefully the lathe will get going soon and i'll have some time to bang out the sleeves. If it doesn't work, i'll just ship em to Fred ... more work for poor Fred lol

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice pix....very interesting. That blue belt...how does the glue hold?? Do you overlap the two ends....if so...how is it silent with that "bump"?
The ends are tapered to overlap without and problems
They come with 2 glues, one for the blue part and one for the black part.
The glues have been holding just fine ........... to my surprise

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, so on my end, hopefully this week we will get a lathe belt made up and I'll get back to machining the sleeves.

The ends are tapered to overlap without and problems
They come with 2 glues, one for the blue part and one for the black part.
The glues have been holding just fine ........... to my surprise

where did you get that blue belting?

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
:)

it'll fit on the flywheel site? the flywheel side seal pocket is big enough on the 361?

Gravedigger

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
f8ef1338bafbee8b0292bc080f5f0ba5.jpg
bc9fcb9da39d721dff84225b1a67530b.jpg
61ad2727f35c8fdd7c0154a48eef04ec.jpg

Gravedigger

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
:)

it'll fit on the flywheel site? the flywheel side seal pocket is big enough on the 361?

Next saw ms361 starting sooner than I thought it would. The ms660 kit is together and ran. Would have said running but someone forgot to tighten the flywheel nut and key way sheared .