Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
3:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm watching the Mets. ..so when I get back to my folks house I'll get measurements. ..might be a day or two.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just to add to my bad day. ...Fred made up 20 rods so I could get my gen 1 customers up to gen 2...

Those rods have all.....all....all.... dissappeared into never never land...usps style.

20170719_003546.jpg

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went to usps....they had me call the hartford office...waiting to hear back. If these rods fell out into one of the sorting machines it probably destroyed the machine.....but odds are they know where they are. They didn't fall off a truck.

twinstaged

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
People usually think I'm being a lunatic when they see me taping boxes up, but I know how those savages treat them. Sorry about the *s-word luck.

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
*f-word USPS, look what I had in my mailbox today with a damaged letter from my bank (looked like someone stepped on it, no envelope) and my new ATM card.
81a3a5d62dee1fe732ddbf1ce90b46f5.jpg

Obviously Matt's bad luck is contagious. I advise everyone to stay out of his threads until he gets well.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've really not had the best couple days. Sorry folks

I hate to say I'm not surprised by the USPS. They are just another government run agency that is out of control. Just an example of the kind of service they give and basically thumb their nose at you after they take your money. I ship and mail things regularly across the country. Why should a small package take three weeks in my own state to arrive and one shipped to Montana make it three days?
I do hope they come up with your parts. I love the flat rate boxes, but I'm afraid USPS just can't be trusted. Its a crap shoot at best.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The rods are heavy, and need to be insulated somewhat in the boxes... but to deliver a package empty, then make me go search for the missing whatever, its nutso. Hartford office called me today, missed the call. I'll get in touch with them one of these days. Hopefully something comes of it otherwise Fred is going to be makin some extra....ugh.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, not much to update. Talked to the lady at USPS hartford on friday, .... she had to call DURING my eye exam lol. I had NOTHING going the rest of the day, and during the exam she calls. Anyway, that was friday, haven't heard back from her today, will call tomorrow. I just can't imagine the rods fell off a truck and just disappeared.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hows the belt replacement going ?

@twinstaged nailed it Matty ..........

I went a different route ............ and happy that I did. This one is absolutely silent
IMG_3959.JPG IMG_4515.JPG

This is the backup, so I wont ever have to wait if the main belt breaks
IMG_3906.JPG IMG_3901.JPG
Here is how they arrived
IMG_3896.JPG

Lemme know if you need a hand doing any of the machining

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice pix....very interesting. That blue belt...how does the glue hold?? Do you overlap the two ends....if so...how is it silent with that "bump"?

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Okay so I finally talked to the lady at the Hartford Postal Service customer service office and somehow the package got damaged between Springfield and Hartford so the assumption is that whatever pieces were in the package have now traveled to Atlanta God only knows why they would ship all of that stuff to Atlanta but they will be doing some type of inquiry for me to see if they can find it

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have this sneaky suspicion that as time goes by, there is less chance of resolving this with a positive outcome. Maybe all damaged parcels / goods get sent to Atlanta. Maybe there are 14 days of more damaged goods from 20+ eastern states, 100+ major cities, turning into several hundred or more damaged packages they are dealing with since receiving whatever they might have from the broken box you received.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At least they found it. Did you insure the package Fred?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Exactly what what what I was thinking which is why I am trying to stay on top of this problem but I still remain hopeful that they will find it because it is unlikely these parts were stolen or lost

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well....they have photos of the package..I have the empty box. They have photos of the empty box in their system too...but they haven't found the tools. Odds are they are in Atlanta...but who knows.

Anyway.... yes the package was insured...but short of its actual value....

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol. True Dat Fred.
Just sucks that all your work was lost.
Really unacceptable these days.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk