Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
9:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yea...so far so good. Though I'm thinking the 3rd batch I my end up farming out more of the machining. I dunno. Takes me a while to make all the sleeves, and free time isn't easy to come by.....

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok everyone, I just finished the batch of optional "upgrade" parts for all the guys in the first run to convert their gen 1 kits into gen 2 kits. I'll get them mailed out to Matt tomorrow so he should get them Saturday (?), and can start sending them out to people as soon as next week.

I'll be starting the 2nd run of kits for all the people who were waiting on a gen 2 kit. I'll keep you posted when I finish that batch, but since it happens in my spare time its realistically the end of the month when it'll be done.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
9:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Okay just to let everybody know where I am at I am doing the Machining of the aluminum sleeves in my parents garage so they will hopefully be available next week 4 the upgrade kits and I hope to do most of the generation 2 kids as well so I will keep everyone posted as for an update on that in addition I know there are a few people on the backup list for this next run of tools I have asked Fred to bump up the production a bit and see if we can get everybody covered as soon as I have a tool in my hand I will start contacting people

Chainganger

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Used gen 1 to put together a husky 262
Used heat to install bearings in case and pulled the crank through the bearings with this tool and pull the case halves together
Worked like a charm! This with no practice runs, pretty easy.
How much for the upgrade??

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's not been the best day. ...my folks lathe has a leather belt that just gave way. I had most of today set aside for machining. ...now...not.

I anticipate getting some rods from Fred asap here....so...it's gonna be a slow rollout.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's a split leather belt....has staples in it. About .125" thick and 1" wide. Dunno if this is diy job....likely need a factory belt.

twinstaged

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It's just belting material that you put the clips in (called lacing). Very easy to do with the right tools. There is no factory option unless you find a guy making them for your model machine. Can you measure the overall length for me?

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is a Logan lathe model 922 I believe the belts are still available from Logan I really appreciate the help I will see if I can get the belt from Logan if I can I really appreciate the help I will see if I can get the bill from logan if I can Not get it I will let you know I cannot get a measurement right now because I am headed to the Mets game thank you though

twinstaged

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
no problem. Just a heads up lots of people offer the service and the belts are usually around 30 dollars. So if Logan wants more then that look elsewhere. It won't be a Logan branded part, just something they made from the same rolls of belting we all have. Have fun at the game. Indians guy myself.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Red Sox here...but it's a game with a friend/colleague and my father.

I'll see if I can get a pic of the belt. The lathe is supposed to stretche the belt..but the staples tore out of the belt. Too short by quarter inch probably lol....oh well. I'll keep ya posted. Thanks

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
no problem. Just a heads up lots of people offer the service and the belts are usually around 30 dollars. So if Logan wants more then that look elsewhere. It won't be a Logan branded part, just something they made from the same rolls of belting we all have. Have fun at the game. Indians guy myself.

Yup, quick check of eBay yielded 2 sellers of custom cut 1" belts for Logan lathes for under $30 shipped.