One case tool to rule them all!

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
1:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On a long run there will be wear on the socket, it happen on those factory tools also if we dont use a washer between the nut and socket.

For some saws like 242, those seal pockets are so small that only special tools can be used, or the good old heat :)

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
7:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why not keep the outer sleeve basically the same, and make a few different end pieces / adaptors for it, to fit a variety of saws? These would be relatively small pieces, and allow you (or the end user) to make special adaptors for new, or less common saws.

Philbert

Yes....and I have the idea already. 2 tips...one big...one small. Same rods. Can do a 3rd tip that can put pressure on the case if you want. Lots of adaptations but I'm desperately trying to keep this simple.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya....what he said....but I want pix

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ccronin...you are order 12. :)

I'll be in touch when I get your set ready!

Thanks!

zero_sum

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I could put a set to use also if they are not all spoken for.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, so my machinist that is doing the threaded rods has given an eta of at least some of the rods for the CT gtg.

Hopefully, i'll be able to ship some out after that. As soon as I actually have stock of the kits i'll let people know and ask for $$

Also, of note. For this iteration I have kept costs down considerably (partially by having Fred do me a favor, but also becuase I'm doing some of the machining myself), but I have a sneaky suspicion that in order to keep producing things $$ gonna go up. Just fyi's

Chainganger

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I am lucky 13
You are nuts not to get in on this MattyO is doing you a favor!

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks man. Just to plug Walt (@afleetcommand ), he has a version too... I like mine better, but he's got his own ideas.

I'm gonna keep improving this design, but the question is whether or not this is gonna fly as a product. Time will tell. Thanks for all the support to those that are "IN" :)

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No no...you are thinking of one rod to rule them all :)

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a great day today at the GTG, demo'd the tools and they worked great. Over and over again on the 394 and 372 demo cases I had, and we even put one together for real... @Marshy now has a 372 to use.... we literally took it from bare case halves to running saw today. took about 5 minutes or so to get the case halves together. :)

16 are now spoken for. I USED a sleeve blank for the next project so now I'm down to 19 which I'm going to make total, which leaves 3 unspoken for. contact me asap to get on the list!

So i'm now 1 sleeve short of my original 20 that I planned.

Last edited:

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a great day today at the GTG, demo'd the tools and they worked great. Over and over again on the 394 and 372 demo cases I had, and we even put one together for real... @Marshy now has a 372 to use.... we literally took it from bare case halves to running saw today. took about 5 minutes or so to get the case halves together. :)

16 are now spoken for. I USED a sleeve blank for the next project so now I'm down to 19 which I'm going to make total, which leaves 3 unspoken for. contact me asap to get on the list!

So i'm now 1 sleeve short of my original 20 that I planned.

ID / OD / length of sleeve?