Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
5:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone that gets the upgrade, please post here what ya think. The sleeves are a tad...tight ...this go around. I had to drill them out myself, as opposed to the first set of sleeves which came as 3/4" ID tube....

Some of the sleeves are slightly not concentric... old lathe, and tube that isn't concentric...but they all will function fine.

I just did another ms440 case and the tool worked great.... just super smooth and no worries. I'll get the vid up eventually.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
UPDATE..... UGH!!!!

So, Fred sent me some rods that weren't quite finished. He realized this and told me to ship them back. So, took the package to the post office, told the lady to return to sender. She said ...no charge. nice.

This was 10 days ago. Still hasn't gotten back to Fred for him to finish them up.

Go to post office today... WTF???? They said, oh yeah, takes up to 5 weeks to do a RETURN TO SENDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 weeks?? I could have walked it to Long Island faster! Oh yeah, it has to go through the whole system blah blah blah.

WTF didn't you tell me it'd take 5 weeks??? ya didn't ask..

lovely

its in a priority effing box. ya don't think it's kinda time sensative???

as;efoijaw;eofijawo;eijfo;awijefo;aiwjefo;ijaweo;fijawo;ef

-Mattyo

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Matt, you aren't the only one that had trouble with the morons at the post office.

One day, I made a simple mistake on the addressing for a box of saw parts. So what do they do?

They definitely saw the mistake... Did they say "You made a little mistake, here, fix it before we take the box."

No, the moron at the counter took it and a few days later it shows up on my porch with the mistake pointed out. Made me piss away 38 bucks on shipping costs to have the box come to my porch. Had to pay for shipping it again.

"No, we can't ship it for free due to a mistake." I'm thinking WTF didn't you point it out before taking the stupid box? It's not that hard to check for a simple mistake. I wasn't 100% at the time of shipping. Taking advantage of someone that isn't quite there at that particular time is wrong.

Makes one want to go postal. Literally. I just take solace that whoever let that happen will rot in hell for screwing me out of my hard earned money. They're freaking lucky that I let it go.

May they too close to a dump truck driving by, moving at least 55 (no, make that 75) mph. First I want it to run over their leg, which for some reason got into the path of the front tire, crushing it past useability, then turn around and run over their stomach, squishing their guts out their butthole, then go for the neck to finish them off.

Most of them are idiots. Maybe they'll really screw up someday and do it to a cartel member and get their head(s) cut off with a chainsaw, or do it to a mafia member and get stuffed into a 55 gallon drum and have concrete poured in, then get dumped into the ocean.

I really wonder how many have gotten screwed by various postal workers or shipping companies.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, couple quick things. Most of the guys that have ordered the gen 2 tool don't necessarily have a time table, which is awesome because this is still slow going....but there are a few that really need the tool asap. I'm putting together a demo kit. ...which I can ship around. from person to person. I already have 2 people on the list, and ya gotta use it asap once you get it and be prepared to ship to the next guy. I got a couple rods from Fred today to getting people started with the kit. The only thing I don't have yet is an m14 rod, .... so 372 and 385 390 is out... as well as 880 and 090 .... i think.

but 394, 660, 026 044 etc should work fine. So if you want to be on the pass around list, let me know.

ALSO, USPS UPDATE...sorta. Called the USPS customer service rep. 2 days later got a call back. There has been no progress, but the case is still open. It "expires" mid september. ....

So, did tell her that I'm getting less and less confident that these pieces will be found. Then she somehow told me something to the effect of... "well, I did file the claim FOR you" ... wait wait wait... I'm confused. You guys lost a package, and now you are telling me that its normal for me to do the legwork in filing the claim for it online? as opposed to ...you guys just taking care of it? Yes, well, we make our service available to you by offering you the ability to file through our online application.... wait wait wait... again... I'm confused. Why would I have to do any legwork? Customer service means that if I have a problem, you guys fix it? no? Well, I wouldn't look at it like that, more like we are offering you the ability to file a claim online...

still confused.

WTF???????????????? why in the world would i have to do ANY legwork, when THEY were the ones that lost the CONTENTS of the package? I tell them what was in there, they search for it. ...uh...na...a ...nope... gotta go online and fill out some form.... ie... the lady on the phone did me a "favor" ?????????? seriously? she wants me to think she's doing me a favor ???????????????

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow. That is a special kind of retardedness. "We failed to do our paid-for job of delivery and lost your package, but we are going above and beyond by filling out the paperwork report for you."

That's about as laughable as BP saying we should be thankful that they eventually plugged up the deep water horizon spill for us.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So...I signed up at usps.com. what's interesting is...I can file a claim on the package. ...but I can't see the existing search request. I have the reference number and tracking number...but there is no place on the site to input them...

Anyone know how I can view the case status?

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So...I signed up at usps.com. what's interesting is...I can file a claim on the package. ...but I can't see the existing search request. I have the reference number and tracking number...but there is no place on the site to input them...

Anyone know how I can view the case status?
You probably have to call that lady again, and ask for another favor... Lol

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Already called. Gonna be beggin her for sure

Ugh

USPS has priority 2-day filing for missing package forms, price based on length of the report and value of the original package. Or you can do flat rate missing package forms which are useful if you have to fill out a lot of reports at once. However, they can't guarantee that the claim reports will be filed correctly. If a missing package claim form goes missing or isn't properly filed, there are claim forms for the missing package report forms you can file.
You can ask for help from a USPS case worker in that case, however USPS policy does not require the case worker to fill out any information, provide any physical claim forms, or direct you to where you can find the claim forms. If they do even acknowledge the existence of said claim forms and where you can find them online, they are going way above their required job duties, and usually a generous tip, in line with the original value of the missing package, would be a expected by the case worker for helping you with your missing package request. However, because of USPS policy regarding tipping, a non-binding public donation form must also be filled out in triplicate and submitted to the federal bureau of internal audits and collections.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
GOOD NEWS.... FINALLY...

no, the lost rods haven't been found. BUT! The "return to sender" rods did arrive back at Freds. Sent on Aug 11th. ...so... 4 weeks? they are safe and sound.

ALSO good news. Fred is shipping out a partial batch TODAY. Which means.... I will be getting rods SATURDAY EVENING. I'll inspect them and make sure we are good. IF SO, I'll be sending emails saturday evening to the first people on the main list (not the backup list...hang on folks!). So, check your inboxes later saturday evening.

Thanks for everyone's patience on this. I'm working another avenue as well to get these manufactured. I now have 20 people on the main list, and 36 on the backup list... the interest is fantastic.... so thanks to all!