High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Old McCulloch with Pipe

chy_farm

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Now on the way to enjoy making a pipe for old McCulloch, e.g. 740 for the first challenge.

Logo_03,00.JPG
Still she has a lot to be altered for better efficiency, e.g. the pipe length is a little too long for higher velocity of rotation.

Logo_06,30.JPG

Logo_07,30.JPG
some more will come later.

Chy

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score

chy_farm

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Looks great!

What kind of paint or powder are you using on the pipe? And does it hold up?
Thanks, but your question somewhat embarrasses me, since painting is one of the weak points of my saw thing, lol.
Well I went to a box store in the vicinity and got a couple of color paint can for outdoor use, it says Silicone Lacquer on the label.
The worst thing to my painting was one on magnesium, pipes are made from steel so it seems the paints hold up.
Chy

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks, but your question somewhat embarrasses me, since painting is one of the weak points of my saw thing, lol.
Well I went to a box store in the vicinity and got a couple of color paint can for outdoor use, it says Silicone Lacquer on the label.
The worst thing to my painting was one on magnesium, pipes are made from steel so it seems the paints hold up.
Chy
My brother tried painting a pipe with hi temp engine block paint. Rated to 400 degrees, didn't last long at all before it was burnt and discolored

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My brother tried painting a pipe with hi temp engine block paint. Rated to 400 degrees, didn't last long at all before it was burnt and discolored
What's going on Deets

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
uu Umm... You don't "use" CAD my friend, you, Have "CAD" BAD1!

Nice work and glad to see an American Muscle saw alive and well living across the pond in the ring of fire.

Your fabrication skills and inginuity is what stands out the most to the builder guys here. Anybody can make stuff pretty, but run and look sick, not.

:coleman:RandyMac Sawer Saw

@Lee H check this out

Cool saws you have there.

Last edited:

chy_farm

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
uu Umm... You don't "use" CAD my friend, you, Have "CAD" BAD1!
Nice work and glad to see an American Muscle saw alive and well living across the pond in the ring of fire.
Your fabrication skills and inginuity is what stands out the most to the builder guys here. Anybody can make stuff pretty, but run and look sick, not.
RandyMac Sawer Saw
@Lee H check this out
Cool saws you have there.
Hello Randy, first of all I should like to identify if you are the RandyMac who;
guided me to CSCF site some four or five years ago when I was first jumped in to AS site and did not know where I was,
loves iron horse and sometimes makes a long run on 101 from Eureka, northern California,
loves especially the old merican yellow saw with nearly 90cc displacement which is called Super 250, and for which he organizes a Super 250 Club?
and finally who is more like a minstrel on a iron horse than a testy minded iron man on a iron horse?

Anyways appreciate your welcome and words, but as far the first line of your comment I got mixed up with your words and do not find a better analysis on this line my friend, do you mean that the expression was technically wrong, or poetically wrong, sociologically wrong or perhaps grammatically?

Incidentally Lee H may know this I think.
Thanks Chy

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
6:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice job pounding out that flywheel cover there Chy. Hate to be the one to tell you this, but it appears your lettering on your pipe is missing an "O" in the word"McCulloch", if I'm seeing that correctly. Might need a touch up. Otherwise keep up the great work.

chy_farm

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nice job pounding out that flywheel cover there Chy. Hate to be the one to tell you this, but it appears your lettering on your pipe is missing an "O" in the word"McCulloch", if I'm seeing that correctly. Might need a touch up. Otherwise keep up the great work.
Lol, you have a couple of good eye sight StumpShot! but you may find additional "O" just above the line, which I occasionally put on there! lol. These are cut-out letters from a sheet of paper, found this "O" beeing left of the table after I put the last letters "ch" for the line. Was a funny moment to me with a lot of astonishment, was not able to close my jew!! Thanks,
Chy

Logo_09,00_with_O.JPG