OK, I Give Up... What is Hedge?

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
11:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe that Mulberry is like the hedge, there is a male and female plant, and the male doesn't have the pesky fruits. The Mulberry's berry looks a lot like a blackberry.

They sure as hell don't taste like black berries..

Not that they're bad, but what ya see don't equate to what ya taste!

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My cousin and myself cut hedge fence posts by the thousands on my grandmothers farm in the early 60's .Hedge is nearly rot proof used as a fence post and would last often for 30 years or longer .In fact longer than the wire cattle fence attached it .The hedge rows themselves after years would stop just about anything including a 2000 pound Holstein bull with a twinkle in his eye lip curled up like a buck white tail deer . It was a sight to behold indeed .

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My cousin and myself cut hedge fence posts by the thousands on my grandmothers farm in the early 60's .Hedge is nearly rot proof used as a fence post and would last often for 30 years or longer .In fact longer than the wire cattle fence attached it .The hedge rows themselves after years would stop just about anything including a 2000 pound Holstein bull with a twinkle in his eye lip curled up like a buck white tail deer . It was a sight to behold indeed .

My dad and uncle built a lot of fence in the 50's and all of the post they used for corners are still good. We have replaced some of the line post. All the wire is shot .

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My dad and uncle built a lot of fence in the 50's and all of the post they used for corners are still good. We have replaced some of the line post. All the wire is shot .
We've gone to all driven pipe corners any more.. Mostly..

Hedge posts are a pain in the ass... Effective enough, but I'd rather just burn em..

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Boy, you all must be having a warm winter!!!
Had a guy at work one day ask because he didn't know what a mulberry was and I just kept the picture for some reason. Too many pictures on the phone but you never know when something comes up you might want to see again.