Oil pump questions

Scott chandler

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
husky 394 - anybody tried the hutzl ? Just curious becaus they are so cheap and i believe you get what u pay for but had to ask. If not oiling like it should and has a new pick up and filter and black wheel looks good can you just replace piston pump or whole pump need replacing usually ? I have not disassembled pump to clean or check either and I’m not really sure just how much oil it should put out but while idling i see no oil at all but there is some oil on bar

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you back the bottom adjuster screw all the way out, there should be oil everywhere on a 24" bar if you'e revving it up for a couple minutes. It won't oil at all at an idle.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IIRC:

- backing these adjusters out all of the way allows them to drop out and you have to physically move the piston rearward to re-install the bolt, no ?

- There are somewhere in the neighborhood of 24 "clicks" to be felt before the bolt is in danger of falling out

Scott chandler

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks fellas - i made a couple turns on it and it oils big time. Turned back in where it was at. Just like to know it’s oiling. Any experience with som of the hutzl stuff ? Just out of curiosity

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IIRC:

- backing these adjusters out all of the way allows them to drop out and you have to physically move the piston rearward to re-install the bolt, no ?

- There are somewhere in the neighborhood of 24 "clicks" to be felt before the bolt is in danger of falling out
They usually back out and hit the case. Never had one come out while in the saw

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That makes sense !
I had the bugger in my hands when I counted the clicks ........

Thanks Kev !!
:beer-toast1: